EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Power Supplies (PSUs)
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 08-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Cecil
Fix The Internet

HEC Cougar 1000w

80Amp 12v rails, they used to make Antecs a while ago. How are these?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817339026

For the price Id buy it now with a solid possitive comment
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
MasterRy88
Learning To Overclock

Looks good but I cant say wether or not it is, tho thats a good price for a good looking PSU
United States  Offline
Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

I like the cons the first guy listed.He actually tried starting it up after some sparks LMAO.
Quote:
Cons: At the fourth month, the computer suddenly shut down. When I powered it back up, there was heavy sparking from the PSU. Subsequent power-ups produced no boot. I swapped in another PSU and everything worked fine; swapped in this unit again...no power. I've never had a PSU fail on me like this.
I have no idea of the quality of the unit I loved how much of a maroon the guy was.
Canada  Online
Old 08-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
maxgull
fo mo yeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcmillan View Post
I like the cons the first guy listed.He actually tried starting it up after some sparks LMAO.
at least it didnt take the rest of the rig with it, for the price get 2, you will likely need the spare, and the spare will give you time to order the 3rd and on and on.
United States  Offline
Old 08-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Cecil
Fix The Internet

I know someone who has it that runs an i7 at 5Ghz and 2 4870x2s. Its also 80+ bronze certified.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply