EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > General Windows Troubleshooting
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 10-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
rockdude14
Born to Drive

BSOD after hard restart

I've had this problem for a while. Any time my computer gets a hard restart whether is from a really bad freeze or a power surge of any other reason every time it will blue screen when it boots into windows. If you try to do the windows repair thing it will blue screen on that too. The only way around it is to boot into safe mode and restart and than it works fine. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Its normally very very stable. I'm just worried one time I wont be able to get to stop blue screening.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 10-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
PommieB
Overclocker

There's obviously something amiss somewhere, what does the bluescreen say.
Australia  Offline
Old 10-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
rockdude14
Born to Drive

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x001003f0).
The system has been shut down.

usually something like that
although depending on where it blue screens (either the windows repair or trying to start) the number is different
United States  Offline
Old 10-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
jimh425
Fold more - bark less

If you freeze/power surge, then you need to find the cause of that. The blue screen after the fact is just the result of the other problem.
United States  jimh425 Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 10-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
rockdude14
Born to Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh425 View Post
If you freeze/power surge, then you need to find the cause of that. The blue screen after the fact is just the result of the other problem.
if theres a power surge theres a power surge
I dont own the electric company
games freeze every once and a while it happens

the thing is that it wont stop blue screening when it tried to boot into windows until i force it into safe mode and restart
than it works fine
United States  Offline
Old 10-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #6
PommieB
Overclocker

It appears to be a software problem with the os's boot files, maybe these power surges have caused the damage, I'd be inclined to get a decent ups to level out the surges. The failures due to Winlogon.exe failing. Here's a link that may help.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669
Australia  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply