EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Video Cards, TV Tuners, Monitors > Monitors & Displays
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

Need help with eyefinity

I just got 2 Acer G235h monitors so I could have 3 for eyefinity.

I am running 2X6950's in X-Fire. The monitor I run on mini-display port will not work. On the monitor it says 'Input Not Supported". Undder CCC it show that there is a monitor connected via mini-display.

Does these monitors not support mini-display ports?
If possible should I loose X-Fire and run the 3rd monitor on separate card and will I still get eyefinity.

I am using a Cirago mini to DVI.

Thanks

Last edited by LUZR4LIFE : 04-10-2012 at 08:34 PM.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
prudhomb
NAVIDIA Rocks!!!!!!

do you have an "active" display port??

Additional Comment:

the only review for your adapter

Quote:
I tried two of these with 4 monitors and 3 different video cards. They produce a signal that is incorrect for standard resolutions. I bought a Sapphire brand mini displayport to dvi adapter for almost the same price and it has worked flawlessly with the same hardware that these Ciragos did not work with. Do yourself a favor, get the Sapphire. I wish I had from the beginning.
Additional Comment:

from amd site

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/...y-dongles.aspx

Last edited by prudhomb : 04-10-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

That sucks. Since I am a employee I will not be able to return it without jumping through hoops, so I just lost out. We have one by HIS and XFX which aren't on the list. We do have the Accell.

I was really hoping to get this up tonight, figures I would have bad luck. LOL

Thanks
United States  Offline
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
prudhomb
NAVIDIA Rocks!!!!!!

It could be something else Ive never run eyefinity, about the only thing I do know about it is people are always complaining about this active port thing, and Im not even sure what it is.

but I imagine it would be one place to trouble shoot
United States  Offline
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
hostage67
Extreme Overclocker

This is almost definitely an issue with your adapter. You need to make sure you have an active adapter(should require a power source, often USB). You can find some active adapters that do not require additional power but I would not recommend them, they will limit your refresh rate and/or resolutions. Expect to pay $100 for a decent active adapter.

http://store.nvidia.com/store/nvidia...=1334126009183

This was the best adapter I could find and the one I currently use. I had an issue with my first adapter and accell/bizlink support were very helpful in resolving and replacing the adapter.
United States  Offline
Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
maxgull
fo mo yeers

I think I paid $30 for mine (active display port thing), has been working fine for many months, will look at brand..dont have time right now, will post later.
United States  Offline
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgull View Post
I think I paid $30 for mine (active display port thing), has been working fine for many months, will look at brand..dont have time right now, will post later.
Thanks. I will wait until tomorrow to get another one
United States  Offline
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
rich9cinti
I Likes Hardware...

Hey LUZ, been running eyefinity for some time now. Although I do not use mini-display port, Accell makes adapters that do not need a separate USB power supply. And they did cost about $30 not $100. See my link below my signature to read about my Eyefinity project. Yes, dated BUT you'll have reference to get the right display port adapter. I am not familiar with setting up Eyefinity using Xfire.
United States  Offline
Old 04-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
Granger
Learning To Overclock

I wish I had read this 6 months ago, I have an Accell Active display port adapter with usb power line that cost me $115 (works fine though, hooked it up and everything worked )
France  Offline
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
maxgull
fo mo yeers

mine is made by wieson, the bay of e has them. AMD has a list http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/...y-dongles.aspx
United States  Offline
Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
hostage67
Extreme Overclocker

You can buy cheaper adapters but as mentioned they will restrict your refresh rate and/or resolutions. So if you go the cheap route make sure the adapter supports the resolutions you are trying to run.
United States  Offline
Old 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

The one I got we got a discount on and I got it for $15. Iy has AMD Eyefinity logo on it so I though it would work. LOL. We also have the XFX and HIS but those are not on the list. We do carry one of the Accell models that are on the list so I will get that one tomorrow. I want this bad boy running for BF3. LOL. I was happy with 2 monitors (was using a 23 and 24in) but I want to see how gaming is with eyefinity. I hope it's worth it because my desk is messed up now. I may get a stand later etc.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich9cinti View Post
Hey LUZ, been running eyefinity for some time now. Although I do not use mini-display port, Accell makes adapters that do not need a separate USB power supply. And they did cost about $30 not $100. See my link below my signature to read about my Eyefinity project. Yes, dated BUT you'll have reference to get the right display port adapter. I am not familiar with setting up Eyefinity using Xfire.
The one you got is the one I am going to buy. We have one left instock so hopefully it's there tomorrow when I get in. I wish I knew if the XFX and HIS were working.

Additional Comment:

So I ended up getting a Accell B087B-005B (Display to DVI) and all i well, no issues. I will post pictures later.

Last edited by LUZR4LIFE : 04-13-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 04-21-2012, 03:14 AM   #13
rich9cinti
I Likes Hardware...

LUZ... good to hear that all is well, mine has been flawless since I set mine up in Sept. 2010. Now send us some pics of your eyefinity rig
United States  Offline
Old 04-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #14
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

I have been meaning to take pics. I have Sun and Monday off. I had yesterday off and bought a 830 128GB.

I haven't looked online yet but I am getting around 40fps with eyefinity on BF3 set at ultra.

I spent most of my day off yesterday doing a HAF X build for a friend yesterday with all new fans, cathodes and a small laser light. barely had enough time to switch out my SSD and get a system finished to sell today. Hopefully my camera works, I tried to take pics of that HAF X but my camera wouldn't work. Hopefully the battery just needs to be charged.
United States  Offline
Old 04-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
maxgull
fo mo yeers

Excellent!

Welcome to the world of peripheral vision.

You may have to play with the games field of view settings...

I use 3-24" monitors and when I first got it working, I experienced a level of vertigo, it took some getting used to. Remember that I am old.
United States  Offline
Old 04-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgull View Post
Excellent!

Welcome to the world of peripheral vision.

You may have to play with the games field of view settings...

I use 3-24" monitors and when I first got it working, I experienced a level of vertigo, it took some getting used to. Remember that I am old.
Yeah, vertigo was definitely there. LOL.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich9cinti View Post
LUZ... good to hear that all is well, mine has been flawless since I set mine up in Sept. 2010. Now send us some pics of your eyefinity rig
Here is a pic

Last edited by LUZR4LIFE : 04-22-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 04-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
maxgull
fo mo yeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUZR4LIFE View Post
Yeah, vertigo was definitely there. LOL.
Glad to hear it isn't just me, somehow reassuring...

Looks sweet!
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply