EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Cases, Case Accessories, Case Modding
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
DC
Is Dead Tired

Case Ideas

Ok - I've got that upgrade itch.

Currently running a V2 Antec 900 - its a great little case, but I've found that I want to get a Corsair H100 and mount it at the top of the case, so that just won't be easy or possible with what I have.

Plus I like the features I'm seeing on some of the newer cases - particularly the ability to hot switch a HD to a dock on the top of the case. Also the hard drive mounting is difficult in the Antec, plus cleaning the front fan screens isn't easy.

That said - doesn't have to be a gamer case though I don't want something massive (i.e. a full size) - I've had a HAF 932 and I thought it was a bit big - also I prefer cooling over silence.

Some cases I've liked the look of the Corsair Carbide 400R - Would have said 300 but you can't easily fit a rad in the top.

Throw some options at me guys.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

I like the Corsairs and have 2X912 a 922 and a 932. Take a look at the Fractal Design Arc.

What's the price limit
United States  Offline
Old 04-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
prudhomb
NAVIDIA Rocks!!!!!!

still like my 690IIadv
United States  Offline
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
DC
Is Dead Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudhomb View Post
still like my 690IIadv
Yeah I've heard good things about those - plus it has the HD dock that I like.

Budget wise I'm not going to limit it too much - but would rather it be middle of the road rather than over the top.
United States  Offline
Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
prudhomb
NAVIDIA Rocks!!!!!!

Ive made use of the dock many times its nice. only down side is no removable mobo tray, though the back side of the case does open as well
United States  Offline
Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
DC
Is Dead Tired

I really like the look of the Fractal Design - its growing on me!
United States  Offline
Old 04-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
I really like the look of the Fractal Design - its growing on me!
I am not a fan of doors or sound dampening but the Fractal Design Define is really nice and the quality of the material used is really nice. I also like the fact how they made fan blocks that you can remove if you added a fan. So much better in person.
United States  Offline
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
DC
Is Dead Tired

I ended up getting a Fractal Design Arc from the NewEgg deal $69 shipped.

Thinking about slapping in this water cooling kit in this little bad boy - problem is I won't have an Optical Drive on my desktop anymore as the Arc only has 2 5.25 spots!!

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14...Kill_Coil.html
United States  Offline
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
LUZR4LIFE
LUZR of the WORLD

I thought about getting that same kit myself. Glad you liked that case. We just started carrying them a couple months ago and I never knew about that company until then.
United States  Offline
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
DC
Is Dead Tired

Trying to work out if I should just buy the kit or go piece by piece as I hear the fans and tubing included in the kit aren't great - so I'm get some GT 15's and some better tubing...so seeing if it's worth the trouble.

Either way this will be a nice little adventure!

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the case mate!
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply