EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Sound Cards, MP3 Players, Speakers

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
zman
70% Chance of Science

Rearranged my audio/monitor setup - Need some questions answered

Hey guys,

I just upgraded from 2x 23" TN Panels to 2x 23" IPS panels, which caused me to rearrange how I hooked everything up. Before, I ran one monitor through DVI and one through HDMI (to my AV receiver and then to my monitor). Now I am running both through DVI and running audio from my onboard Toslink (optical) to my receiver.

Currently, my issue lies with getting everything configured the way that I want/need it. Before, while running through HDMI, I was able to configure (through the sound control panel) my output to constantly be in 5.1. This led a stereo noise (such as music) to be played through only my R/L speakers and all speakers to be used when I gamed/played movies.

What is happening now, is that I cannot select the same 5.1 output now that I am using the realtek drivers/onboard sound. Surround sound works fine when I am playing an HD movie, but doesn't work when I play games. Additionally, stereo music is being split across my front three speakers (something that is incredibly annoying).

Just wondering if anybody had any insight into this. Thanks.
Asus P6T
3x2GB Mushkin Blackline Ram
XFX 5870 1GB
Dell 23" IPS Panel (x2)
Closed Thread