EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General CPU Cooling > Water Cooling - (Plain & Chilled)
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
gaberouchon
Running System Stock
Corporate Rep

Swiftech® introduces new Lok-Seal™ brand of compression fittings

We are proud to announce the release of our new line of fittings marketed under the Lok-Seal™ brand. The product line is quite comprehensive and comprises compression fittings offered in the most popular sizes, various adapters such as elbows, adjustable SLI/Crossfire connectors, extensions and manifolds. The different models are available in two colors, black and chrome.

The primary design concern of the product line was safety and all the fittings feature a combination of hex nuts and finger grips, so that users can use standard tools to safely Lock their fittings in place for a durable Seal, thus the brand: Lok-Seal. “These fittings are the fruit of a long and careful reflection about the issue of safety versus cosmetics in liquid cooled computers, and we are emphasizing safety not only by design, but thru user education by publishing a precise how-to guide on each product page. Being a performance oriented company, you wil not be surprised that we claimed these fittings to be “perhaps the least restrictive fittings on the market” in a white paper published on the opportunity of this launch. Pricing is also set competitively with other offerings on the market.
Product Page
White Paper
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Krystm
Liquid Overclocker

They sure do look pretty. Are these the same ones on the eVGA Hydro Block?
United States  Offline
Old 04-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
The Dude
Caring=Sharing

product page link is broken, should be this
United States  Offline
Old 04-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
TSXmike
In due time.

the look nice!
United States  Offline
Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Zanex09
Mad Warranty Voider

Those are actually pretty nice lookin, makes me almost wanna go water cooling. Maybe in my next build, we shall see.
Canada  Offline
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
musicfan
ambient water-cooling

Thanks Gabe for posting. They look nice and the white paper sounds promising.

Unfortunately no love yet for 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD tubing or I would buy two.
United States  Offline
Old 04-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
NilsJohan
Learning To Overclock

These look great - definitely considering these for my new setup.

Additional Comment:

As an afterthought, do you have an official recommendation of the amount of torque that should be put on these - in case we actually have a proper torque wrench? Thanks Gabe!

Last edited by NilsJohan : 04-14-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
benniebeeker
Chkn-N-Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfan View Post
Unfortunately no love yet for 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD tubing or I would buy two.
im in love with the same tubing... perfect marriage of bend and thickness... bitspower for me....
United States  Offline
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
indyrocker
If I had a warranty..

Those do look awesome and are well thought out to bad there is no 7/16 id, 5/8 od fittings.
I guess until you guys come out with that size I will stick it my xspc fittings since I can use a coin to tighten the barb portion.
United States  Offline
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
WiCKeD
Hunting jobs...
Senior Moderator

They look basically the same as the Koolance, Bitspower, XSPC, Enzotech compression fittings that have been out for years. Advantage is they add flat hex edges so you can use a wrench. Disadvantage is they will already not look as good and the edges of the flats will still get worn to the brass.

Altogether a lot of marketing to mask something that is really already on the market, which already do come in odd sizes, shapes, colors and metals. Swiftech puts out good products, though, so I am sure they are decent, I just would not pay a premium for them.

Happy with my true silver Bitspower fittings. With distilled water, brass rads, silver fittings and PT Nuke, water still looks clear after 9 months.
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply