EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Getting Started > Project / Build Logs
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
RedFaced
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Question Amd-fx 8150 Asus Crosshair V Formula Build??

I've just recently made a massive list after doing loads of research on a rig that i want for gaming but also to impress lol. For some reason I've been drawn to AMD so this is what i wish to stick with but i would like some comments of experience with certain parts of this build and theoretical overclock speeds this rig might be able to produce. also any improvements on the rig will be welcome but i don't really want to spend much more money on this.

Here the rig i have planned:

Mobo: asus crosshair v formula

cpu: amd-fx 8150

g-card: tri-fire msi lightning radeon hd 6970

psu: ENERMAX Platimax 1200W Modular Power Supply Platinum rated

memory: corsair vengance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (4x4gb)

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650d

SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 Series - MAX IOPS Edition 120GB

HDD: 3x 1TB WD Caviar Black (for raid)

Cooling: Corsair H100 with Corsair Link (custom fans x4 Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm), Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm exhaust fan, NZXT FN 200RB 200mm front intake Fan

I have more parts like burners, monitors etc but they are quite irrelevant tbh lol
United Kingdom  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
DrGuns4Hands
Come on Piledriver

Change the SSD if you're set on OCZ for a particular reason get the 4 not the 3 better stability looks like so far uses a marvell controller so handles compressible and uncompressible the same unlike sandforce. Otherwise I'd get the Samsung 830 for reasons I listed in another post.
United States  DrGuns4Hands Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
RedFaced
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

what the link to the other post, would like to read about it abit more when i was searching for ssd before i was drawn to the ozc 3 mainly because i heard alot about lifespan about the ssd's and as this was a max iops edition i thought it would live longer :S i didn't see any 4's so i will look again now! thanks
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
DrGuns4Hands
Come on Piledriver

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=362856
United States  DrGuns4Hands Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
RedFaced
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

another thing i struggle to find much info on is what is the best ram for this board? ive seent he compatablity list but doesnt really help. i like corsair but apprently vengence has issues for some people. i wanna know what the best ram for this board with option to o/c
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
fortiscrew
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

The G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR works well even with two sets(use 2T).
I saw this set at newegg today;G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBSR. It is recommended for AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms.
Jamaica  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply