EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Intel Specific > Intel Processors
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Koska
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Whos better for gaming E5200 vs E6550

I need some help i want to buy one of those 2 processors, and i dont know witch one will give me more performance in games ( better fps) ... i can get them for same price so i cant decide.. help me thanks
i will be using ddr3 1333, but with e5200 can run only as 800 ddr3, couse mbo support 1:2 dram:fsb ,and with e6550 can run at 1333...

Last edited by Koska : 04-27-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Macedonia  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
ZLTFUL
Monkey Football SECKS

Just because the E5200 is 170mhz faster doesn't mean that it will be "faster" than the E6550.
The E6550 has 2MB more L2 Cache. It has a 533mhz faster FSB. It is going to be the better all around performing processor. It will also allow you to run your 1333mhz RAM at it's intended speed without having to "OC" the FSB to meet the RAM's stock speed.
United States  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
johnerz
Just getting Old

Agreed

10 char
England  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Urbanfox
Consigliere

The E5200 should OC better.
United States  Online
Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
Koska
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I dont want to oc, im goin to use it in stock speed
Macedonia  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
BIOShazard
Extreme Overclocker

E6550 is definitely your best bet. I used to have it few years back, it had no problems running the games that were around at that time (Oblivion, BF2).

A larger L2 cache beats higher core speed any day. When a CPU doesn't have much cache, a lot of the time it's just sitting there waiting for the RAM to bring it information. With a higher core speed, a higher percentage of the time will be spent waiting. Couple that with the higher FSB speed of the E6550 (which means faster transfer from the RAM), and we can assume that the E6550 will be quite a bit faster.

Do note, however, that the E6550 is a socket LGA 775 CPU. Most LGA 775 motherboards do not support DDR3 RAM. Also, there is little performance gain from using DDR3, since the CPU FSB will bottleneck anyway.
Norway  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Koska
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOShazard View Post
E6550 is definitely your best bet. I used to have it few years back, it had no problems running the games that were around at that time (Oblivion, BF2).

A larger L2 cache beats higher core speed any day. When a CPU doesn't have much cache, a lot of the time it's just sitting there waiting for the RAM to bring it information. With a higher core speed, a higher percentage of the time will be spent waiting. Couple that with the higher FSB speed of the E6550 (which means faster transfer from the RAM), and we can assume that the E6550 will be quite a bit faster.

Do note, however, that the E6550 is a socket LGA 775 CPU. Most LGA 775 motherboards do not support DDR3 RAM. Also, there is little performance gain from using DDR3, since the CPU FSB will bottleneck anyway.
thanks about this info, and so u know im goin to use msi g41m-26 board, i got confused by the cpu benchmark score, how the hell e5200 give better preformance in cpu pass mark, and thats why i ask about help on forum... thanks again
Macedonia  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
BIOShazard
Extreme Overclocker

Unfortunately, Passmark is notoriously unreliable, and gives a rating describing overall performance, not gaming in specific.
Norway  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply