EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > General Windows Troubleshooting
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Maurice
Partial to LUNAR

Dual booting windows 7

Hey guy's,

I want to dual boot 7 I have an ssd I want to use for myself, and my other drive I want to let my wife use.

I loaded 7 on my ssd, and then loaded 7 on the other drive. Now my ssd wont boot. How do I correctly accomplish this.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #2
pckid9234
Extreme Overclocker

1) bios then boot device priorities and set it to the ssd then save. I would look at that. I see you have 6k posts so I assume you did that
But question. Why load two windows 7, why not just have 2 users. Or do you not share well and want the SSD for yourself lol
United States  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Maurice
Partial to LUNAR

2 because my wife likes to load a bunch of bs, and I like streamline performance.

I just want it to dual boot, so she can do what she wants on her drive, and I can use my ssd the way I want.

Additional Comment:

I'm sure someone has an answer.

Last edited by Maurice : 04-27-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
maxgull
fo mo yeers

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...aBootPRO.shtml

This will do the trick, with OS already installed on all drives. It says vista, works with 7 too.

The way to do it on a new drive is to install the new drive into the computer, initialize it, run an OS install from the Desktop of the existing OS, put the new OS on the new drive, when you are done and reboot, it will stop after post and give you a selection screen that will have W7 and "old version of Windows"

Last edited by maxgull : 04-27-2012 at 11:52 AM.
United States  Online
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

I have always just installed the second operating system as normal and you get the selection screen.I have found that after the second install it will try to boot from the wrong drive occasionally but that had more to do with not having the right drive connected to port 0 but was easily fixed by changing drive priority in the bios.
Canada  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
maxgull
fo mo yeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcmillan View Post
I have always just installed the second operating system as normal and you get the selection screen.I have found that after the second install it will try to boot from the wrong drive occasionally but that had more to do with not having the right drive connected to port 0 but was easily fixed by changing drive priority in the bios.
This is true, to avoid I do the 2nd OS from the desktop, AND oldest OS to newest. IE: XP first, Vista 2nd, w7 3rd, w8 4th...ad nausem
United States  Online
Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

Never tried that method I'll have to try it next time.
Canada  Offline
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
maxgull
fo mo yeers

then i use vistabootpro (once they are all in)to rename them...easier than messing with the computer properties>advanced options> startup and recovery, editing. But that is always an option.
United States  Online
Old 04-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
Maurice
Partial to LUNAR

ok guy's thanks.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply