EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Off Topic / General Chat (No Post Increase) > Games, Games, Games... > Strategy (Real-Time & Turn-Based)
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 05-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Blackops_2
I was Born Ready

Company of Heroes 2 Announced

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...announced.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameinformer
Relic Entertainment is developing a Company of Heroes sequel set for release next year.

Details about the project are still scarce at the moment. Forum members on NeoGAF have extracted some information from the upcoming issue of PC Gamer. They include:

- 2013 release

- Main campaign is Eastern front, playing as Russians

- Lots of snow. Snow slows down troops and tanks, but can also form cover.

- Units can vault over cover such as low walls.

When contacted for additional information, a THQ representative told Game Informer they will be sharing more details soon.
By far my favorite RTS of all time. Been playing since release and still play a lot to this day.

Though one has to wonder with the Eastern Front mod already existing what Relic's "Russian Army" will be like as opposed to the mod teams. Still can't wait as a lot of the mod maps don't work.
PC gamer article
http://imgur.com/a/67xoi

Last edited by Blackops_2 : 05-03-2012 at 02:15 PM.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
SCOLANATOR
Kooler King

Huge CoH fan, cannot wait until this comes out!!!
Sim City, C&C Generals 2, CoH 2 - good year for strategy!
~scol
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 05-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Blackops_2
I was Born Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOLANATOR View Post
~scol
If generals is as good as the first i'll for sure pick it up. I got started on Command and Conquer but CoH has and will be my favorite of all time. Been waiting for this for years now. Hell when they hinted of tales of valor i thought it was going to be the announcement of the sequel. It's long overdue IMO but it's a good thing they've been planning it for 6 years so it turns out good. I can't wait either.
United States  Offline
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
DC
Is Dead Tired

I still play this game too, multiplayer is great though the amount of hackers has been troubling since there's been no update for a while.

Can't wait for this if its as good as the original!
United States  Online
Old 05-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Blackops_2
I was Born Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
I still play this game too, multiplayer is great though the amount of hackers has been troubling since there's been no update for a while.

Can't wait for this if its as good as the original!
I never got into competitive MP, a friend and I just play against the NPC. And honestly with the mod team the Hard's are ridiculous now. We played Bedum a couple of months back, had the entire map controlled and were just trying to lock down the left end. They had a total of one fuel point and two munitions. They somehow doubled our manpower and our fuel and were only 100pts behind in munitions. Withing seconds they had around 16 tanks and proceeded to make 32 before we quit. Just ridiculous. Hell with the most recent patch on maps that we can't keep them centered in the middle or create a viable defense (hilare, Lyon etc) it's hard as hell. I end up going infantry mostly and pounding them with howitzers like crazy, by the end of the game the map is completely destroyed lol and they've created a total of 100+ tanks.

NPCs have so many advantages with the germans. But that's what makes it fun i guess.
United States  Offline
Old 05-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
DC
Is Dead Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
I never got into competitive MP, a friend and I just play against the NPC. And honestly with the mod team the Hard's are ridiculous now. We played Bedum a couple of months back, had the entire map controlled and were just trying to lock down the left end. They had a total of one fuel point and two munitions. They somehow doubled our manpower and our fuel and were only 100pts behind in munitions. Withing seconds they had around 16 tanks and proceeded to make 32 before we quit. Just ridiculous. Hell with the most recent patch on maps that we can't keep them centered in the middle or create a viable defense (hilare, Lyon etc) it's hard as hell. I end up going infantry mostly and pounding them with howitzers like crazy, by the end of the game the map is completely destroyed lol and they've created a total of 100+ tanks.

NPCs have so many advantages with the germans. But that's what makes it fun i guess.
The difficulty settings not only adjust the AI but as you've pointed out - the resource generation as well.

You'll see the CPU just crank out units so it really isn't fair, though its a balance that you'll be able to "outhink" them.

The game really opens up in multiplayer - I suggest you and your mate get on and play Vire River for a bit as its a good introductory map and you'll see how real players react and strategy etc.
United States  Online
Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
SCOLANATOR
Kooler King

Used to always play against bots in skirmishes but used a hack to remove the units cap which annoyed the **** out of me.
Can't wait to play as the ruskies!
No wait actually I'll stick with the Germans and those awesome 88's!
~scol
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
DC
Is Dead Tired

Quote:
Used to always play against bots in skirmishes but used a hack to remove the units cap which annoyed the **** out of me.
Can't wait to play as the ruskies!
No wait actually I'll stick with the Germans and those awesome 88's!
~scol
2 snipers and your 88 is toast.
United States  Online
Old 05-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Blackops_2
I was Born Ready

Quote:
2 snipers and your 88 is toast.
Infantry in general and that 88 is toast hehe . Nothing like forwarding a position by capping a 88 to give you some hefty Anti Armor defense.
United States  Offline
Old 05-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
DC
Is Dead Tired

Quote:
Infantry in general and that 88 is toast hehe . Nothing like forwarding a position by capping a 88 to give you some hefty Anti Armor defense.
Yep - throw some Stukas and MG cover and your infantry rush to grab that 88 is going to end badly...lol

Thats what's great about COH - so many counters and counter-counters...lol
United States  Online
Old 05-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Blackops_2
I was Born Ready

Quote:
Yep - throw some Stukas and MG cover and your infantry rush to grab that 88 is going to end badly...lol

Thats what's great about COH - so many counters and counter-counters...lol
Indeed, didn't figure i had 105s already setup? not about to walk my men into an ambush without having a backup plan. > Saturate the entire area lol.

Man Coh is great, i hope that the american and British are still part of the second.
United States  Offline
Old 05-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
DC
Is Dead Tired

Quote:
Indeed, didn't figure i had 105s already setup? not about to walk my men into an ambush without having a backup plan. > Saturate the entire area lol.

Man Coh is great, i hope that the american and British are still part of the second.
lol - well those Stukas would probably have targeted those 105's if you had them in effective range....and then inf rush right into a Propaganda Fall...

Definitely love me some COH!

Get on with your mate and learn how to play together vs real opposition, its a lot more rewarding.

Plus - if you'd gone Inf with the US I doubt the Wher would have gone Defensive doctrine - Terror is just too effective vs US Inf doctrine...
United States  Online
Old 05-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Tomek
Just Monkeying Around

Quote:
~scol
WHAT WHAT WHAT !!!?? New Sim City comming!!??

Please don't play games w/ my heart! LOL

LOVE both COH and Sim City!!!
Canada  Offline
Old 05-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

I never could get into CoH. I don't like base building and having to constantly create new units.

I much prefer when you pre-select before going in, ala the Close Combat series.
United States  Offline
Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
DC
Is Dead Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
I never could get into CoH. I don't like base building and having to constantly create new units.

I much prefer when you pre-select before going in, ala the Close Combat series.
That in itself is part of the beauty of COH - as the game goes on, the tougher an opponent and units can get - so the strategy starts in trying to close a game down early or rush to get the next "tier" of tech up.

Give a good Wher player enough time they're Vet 3 and ready to rumble - then again a solid US rush early and you're battling rifle spam....and don't even get me started about a hard Brit rush early.

Horses for courses - but this was/is one of the best RTS's ever made.
United States  Online
Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
Blackops_2
I was Born Ready

Quote:
That in itself is part of the beauty of COH - as the game goes on, the tougher an opponent and units can get - so the strategy starts in trying to close a game down early or rush to get the next "tier" of tech up.

Give a good Wher player enough time they're Vet 3 and ready to rumble - then again a solid US rush early and you're battling rifle spam....and don't even get me started about a hard Brit rush early.

Horses for courses - but this was/is one of the best RTS's ever made.
Is the best RTS

British infantry rock. I can't stand how the german's tear up my riflemen with even light infantry squads. The americans have some great defensive abilities. For germans it's all about vehicles. They have good infantry if not better than the americans due to buying veterancy but you can obtain vehicles fast as well.
United States  Offline
Old 05-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
DC
Is Dead Tired

Quote:
Is the best RTS

British infantry rock. I can't stand how the german's tear up my riflemen with even light infantry squads. The americans have some great defensive abilities. For germans it's all about vehicles. They have good infantry if not better than the americans due to buying veterancy but you can obtain vehicles fast as well.
Well Wher/PE inf can really shred infantry up, even BAR US Inf, if they're equipped with Assault Riffles.

Though often you'll see infantry "packs" with panzerschrecks instead, they're still pretty nasty.

My favorite Brit method is to get a mob of Tommy's and give them all rifle grenades, pair up an LT and CPT behind them and then you'll be able to take out most Wher/PE inf relatively easily.
United States  Online
Old 05-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
SCOLANATOR
Kooler King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek View Post
WHAT WHAT WHAT !!!?? New Sim City comming!!??

Please don't play games w/ my heart! LOL

LOVE both COH and Sim City!!!
Yeh and even better it is a PC exclusive!!!

The new Glassbox engine is amazing!

Can't wait it is a true successor to SC4!!! Maybe EA is catching on that porting PC greats like C&C and Sim City to console will never work.
~scol
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 05-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
Tomek
Just Monkeying Around

That's crazy man! After all the "sims" titles, and waiting for 7 or 8 years, I'd thought they'd given up on the "city" series.

Cities XL just never got it right, so this looks like it's going to be great! --> SimCity 5 Trailer : Likes & Dislikes

This is GREAT NEWS, THANKS MAN! I had no clue something was in da works.

Where can I pre-order! LOL
Canada  Offline
Old 05-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #20
SCOLANATOR
Kooler King

Haha yeh I can see someone is as excited as I am!
Yeh was really disappointed with cities XL, had loads of great
features but the game sucked.

Additional Comment:

Only problem I have with it is, I really want the ability to play single player,
I don't like the idea so much of what seems like glorified DRM...

Last edited by SCOLANATOR : 05-05-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United Kingdom  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply