EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us


Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Off Topic / General Chat (No Post Increase) > Games, Games, Games... > Massively Multiplayer Online
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!


Please Register to Post a Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
GoodGuy8705
Overclocking Machine
GoodGuy8705's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 541
Last Seen: Today
From: Columbus, Ohio
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Elder Scrolls Online Announced

TES Online has been announced and is expected to launch some time next year.

Based on the information available, it's a generic fantasy mmo that takes place in TES lore more than it is a multiplayer TES game.

Unfortunately, it seems it's not going to be very good.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Nagoshi
Canuck Chicken Chaser
Nagoshi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,253
Last Seen: Today
Age: 24
From: Drummondville QC
iTrader: 20 / 100%
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=362992
Canada  Online
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
GoodGuy8705
Overclocking Machine
GoodGuy8705's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 541
Last Seen: Today
From: Columbus, Ohio
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Should be in the game section on account of it being about a game.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Amish
Amish Hit Man
Amish's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 797
Last Seen: 07-13-2014
Age: 41
From: Riverside, CA
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Why will it not be any good? (Responding to your statement above.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGuy8705 View Post
Unfortunately, it seems it's not going to be very good.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
daredevil
Captain Teemo
daredevil's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1,839
Last Seen: 06-29-2014
Age: 27
From: England
iTrader: 2 / 100%
http://imgur.com/a/fO9Ty#0

Info hoooo
England  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
GoodGuy8705
Overclocking Machine
GoodGuy8705's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 541
Last Seen: Today
From: Columbus, Ohio
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish View Post
Why will it not be any good? (Responding to your statement above.)
For me personally, I just wanted to play a Skyrim like game with a few friends. If I wanted an MMO experience, I'd go play any of the hundred MMO's currently available.

It's borderline impossible to retain the feel of TES games while incorporating the idea of third person, hot keyed skills.

To me, that is not a good game.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?
CybrSlydr's Avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 1,665
Last Seen: Today
Age: 30
From: Columbus, OH
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGuy8705 View Post
Should be in the game section on account of it being about a game.
Or it should be in the news section because it's news?...
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
PhilZJ
Overclocker
PhilZJ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 805
Last Seen: 03-23-2014
Age: 33
From: Floriduh
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Ya I too wanted to play this multiplayer with the wife, but not mmo style like guild wars.

Playing the full storyline but with her as my companion would have been very nice. But I would want all my mods available too, vanilla skyrim lost its appeal rapidly, but the mods I have still keep me going and I finished all the storyline, I'm just cruising for unexplored dungeons now.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
lexandro
VIGILO CONFIDO
lexandro's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1,009
Last Seen: Yesterday
Age: 35
From: Ankh-Morpork
iTrader: 0 / 0%
This is going to tank, and tank badly. Looks like Bethesda gave in to the whinging kiddies. Frankly its going to be just another generic MMO, and in the current gaming climate of MMO's its got absolutely no chance of making an impact.

Guild Wars 2 is due out, which is going to take a massive amount of any potential sales away from a TES mmo. Why? Because its free online, and players are sick of paying monthly fee's just to play a game. And its a **** good game, so the vast majority will go for it rather than a 2bit wannabe game.

Fail of the highest order imo.
Scotland  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
hostage67
Extreme Overclocker
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1,231
Last Seen: 12-14-2012
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
This is going to tank, and tank badly. Looks like Bethesda gave in to the whinging kiddies. Frankly its going to be just another generic MMO, and in the current gaming climate of MMO's its got absolutely no chance of making an impact.

Guild Wars 2 is due out, which is going to take a massive amount of any potential sales away from a TES mmo. Why? Because its free online, and players are sick of paying monthly fee's just to play a game. And its a **** good game, so the vast majority will go for it rather than a 2bit wannabe game.

Fail of the highest order imo.
I disagree, it isn't going to take the sales away because it's free, it's going to take them away because it is a new and unique game, it isn't just another clone of wow. I think there are many people who would gladly pay to play GW2 if that was a requirement, though I think that not being a requirement is certainly a nice bonus.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
Urbanfox
Sellsword
Urbanfox's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,857
Last Seen: Yesterday
Age: 27
From: Anaheim, CA
iTrader: 16 / 95%
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexandro View Post
Why? Because its free online, and players are sick of paying monthly fee's just to play a game.
I know for a fact that the majority of MMO's I played were worth every penny when I played them. Take the cost of the game ($35-50), add in $15/month, and for a year an MMO can cost around $200. That $200 was WELL spent on entertainment. Very few games have genuine, long lasting replay value today.

I'm not saying GW2 won't be great or will be crap, I'm just saying that $15 a month is nothing when what you get out of it (with the right MMO) is loads of content, fun, and camaraderie with your buddies.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
hostage67
Extreme Overclocker
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1,231
Last Seen: 12-14-2012
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfox View Post
I know for a fact that the majority of MMO's I played were worth every penny when I played them. Take the cost of the game ($35-50), add in $15/month, and for a year an MMO can cost around $200. That $200 was WELL spent on entertainment. Very few games have genuine, long lasting replay value today.

I'm not saying GW2 won't be great or will be crap, I'm just saying that $15 a month is nothing when what you get out of it (with the right MMO) is loads of content, fun, and camaraderie with your buddies.
$15 is a brand new game every 3 months. So if they expect us to be paying them $15 every month, then is it not reasonable for us to expect the content of a brand new game every 3 months?

I can tell you that basically none of the MMO's I have paid to play have ever offered the content of a brand new game every 3 months. If you're lucky you would get the content of a new game once every two years in most cases.

Am I upset about paying $15 a month to play, no it's not really that big a deal to me. However, I certainly also do not feel like I get my $15 worth of content each month either.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
Urbanfox
Sellsword
Urbanfox's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,857
Last Seen: Yesterday
Age: 27
From: Anaheim, CA
iTrader: 16 / 95%
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostage67 View Post
$15 is a brand new game every 3 months. So if they expect us to be paying them $15 every month, then is it not reasonable for us to expect the content of a brand new game every 3 months?

I can tell you that basically none of the MMO's I have paid to play have ever offered the content of a brand new game every 3 months. If you're lucky you would get the content of a new game once every two years in most cases.

Am I upset about paying $15 a month to play, no it's not really that big a deal to me. However, I certainly also do not feel like I get my $15 worth of content each month either.
Every MMO I have played has had considerably more content than all the major single player games out there. I'd take 3 months of a quality MMO that holds my attention over buying ONE modern game.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #14
sysigy
Abandon All Hope!
sysigy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1,053
Last Seen: Yesterday
Age: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Great! another game ruined by 'online' play. FFS, MMO is not the way forward.

MMO's never feel immersive, they lack real story and character development, it's just go here, do this, go there do that, unlock a new power, team up with friends... bored.

I will always favour a classic offline RPG with character story development and relationships with the environment and it's virtual population.

For me a modern RPG should be like an immersive interactive movie.

Last edited by sysigy : 05-09-2012 at 03:55 AM.
United Kingdom  sysigy Folds For EOC!  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?
CybrSlydr's Avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 1,665
Last Seen: Today
Age: 30
From: Columbus, OH
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysigy View Post
Great! another game ruined by 'online' play. FFS, MMO is not the way forward.

MMO's never feel immersive, they lack real story and character development, it's just go here, do this, go there do that, unlock a new power, team up with friends... bored.

I will always favour a classic offline RPG with character story development and relationships with the environment and it's virtual population.
Hear, hear!
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #16
Odanez
I am Jean Luc Bacardi
Odanez's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,283
Last Seen: 12-11-2013
Age: 29
From: Bavaria
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
Or it should be in the news section because it's news?...
or it should be in the "Hard Drives, CD/DVD Drives & Flash Media" section because it comes on a DVD (or at least could be coming on a DVD)
Germany  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
PhilZJ
Overclocker
PhilZJ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 805
Last Seen: 03-23-2014
Age: 33
From: Floriduh
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odanez View Post
or it should be in the "Hard Drives, CD/DVD Drives & Flash Media" section because it comes on a DVD (or at least could be coming on a DVD)

should be in the monitor section cuz games run on monitors, otherwise you can't see them


anyways, from the looks of it, I'm definitly not interested in this. As long as they keep focus on the ES RPG games, I'm ok with this, but if this starts being their focus then I'll be pretty dissapointed
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
Urbanfox
Sellsword
Urbanfox's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,857
Last Seen: Yesterday
Age: 27
From: Anaheim, CA
iTrader: 16 / 95%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysigy View Post
MMO's never feel immersive, they lack real story and character development, it's just go here, do this, go there do that, unlock a new power, team up with friends... bored.
SWTOR is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you described. Other than that, I agree with you.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #19
vai0
><>
vai0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,996
Last Seen: Today
Age: 22
From: Florida
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfox View Post
SWTOR is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you described. Other than that, I agree with you.
Thats exactly how it felt to me...


regarding a TES MMO, 99% chance its as bad as every other MMO.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Copyright 2000 - 2011, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2011, EXTREME Overclocking