EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Notebooks, Handhelds, PDAs
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
GuitarFreak
Liebe Ist Fr Alle Da

Looking for a tablet that would be good for drawing

My sister just got an iPad, and my mom wants a tablet now too, but she wants one that would be good for drawing also. Something with pressure sensitivity is the main thing I'm looking for. I have a good idea of tablets that are out, but what one would be good to draw with? She doesn't want to spend more than $1000, which I think is plenty for a decent tablet.
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
jevans64
The Folding Pylon

SketchBook ( an iPad drawing app ) is available for Android tablets. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" tablet and drawing with just your finger is pretty accurate.

You can get the 10.1" Galaxy Tab for around $500 for the 32GB version and WiFi. Throw in an extra $200 for the accessories, including a decent drawing stylus for around $30. There are loads of drawing / artist apps in the Android Market for free or under $5. Picasso is free and the Pro version of SketchBook is $5.

I bought the dock, the USB adapter, a bag, a folio case, a good stylus, a car charger, and a USB 3 hub all for under $200. The USB hub should be powered and I'm able to attach USB thumb drives, a Think Outside USB keyboard, Logitech M200 USB mouse, and one other USB device to the hub. You can even attach external USB HDD's to it but the tablet has to be rooted to gain access to the built-in driver to set it up -- mainly installing software that allows reading of NTFS on BIG drives. I also have a Linksys USB Ethernet dongle that works on my rooted tablet. Haven't messed with the Bluetooth yet. I have a Dell-branded Think Outside BT keyboard but haven't messed with that yet since I like my older USB keyboard better.
United States  Offline
Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
DC
Is Dead Tired

Best Bang for Buck right now is the new ASUS Transformer TF300 - its the same as the Prime however its a little thicker/heavier however it has a fully function GPS (which the Prime doesn't) - all for the bargain price of about $369.
United States  Online
Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
RCH flight
working at wisdom

I second DC ^
United States  Offline
Old 06-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
k |{z
Extreme Overclocker

i don't believe there are many (if any) good pressure sensitive tablets out there.

the new ipad is great though with its really high resolution and large 10" screen. just buy a stylus and the autodesk sketchbook pro app and you're set
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply