EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Apple Products
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
HollowPoint45
I <3 Deadmau5

iPhone 5 is slow to receive texts after getting iPad

Let me preface this by saying that I did a search with no avail; both on here and on google.

After I got an iPad and linked my Apple ID to it, my iPhone 5 seems to have slowed down on receiving texts and previewing them. It's almost like my phone has a seizure when it receives text and lags before it displays it. I figured this was because my iPad receives iMessages too, except for the fact that it happens with SMS messages that only go to my phone, as well as when my iPad is turned off and not receiving anything.

Has anyone had this issue? Any fix for it?

I have AT&T, if it matters, and no cellular data on my iPad. It's capable of cellular but I have it turned off since I don't have a plan.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
kwiksilver
: فͤ҈ͥ҉ͦ҈ͧ҉ͨ҈ͩ҉ͪ҈ͫ҉ͬ
Super Moderator

Running an iPad Wifi Only (iOS 5.1.1) and an iPhone 5 AT&T(iOS 6.0) both signed into iMessage and have never seen that issue. Furthermore I have iMessage installed on my MBP and I don't see it either.

I could see if it was just iMessage having the issue, but SMS too seems odd.
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Slizzo
Mad Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowPoint45 View Post
Let me preface this by saying that I did a search with no avail; both on here and on google.

After I got an iPad and linked my Apple ID to it, my iPhone 5 seems to have slowed down on receiving texts and previewing them. It's almost like my phone has a seizure when it receives text and lags before it displays it. I figured this was because my iPad receives iMessages too, except for the fact that it happens with SMS messages that only go to my phone, as well as when my iPad is turned off and not receiving anything.

Has anyone had this issue? Any fix for it?

I have AT&T, if it matters, and no cellular data on my iPad. It's capable of cellular but I have it turned off since I don't have a plan.
Have you tried restarting the iphone?
United States  Offline
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Namtaro
Warranty?

It looks like an issue with your network, try calling AT&T to make sure... weird problem, I've never heard of it before.

I guess a last option before going to Apple would be a complete restore?
Canada  Offline
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
SCOLANATOR
Kooler King

I had a similar issue with my 4S, worked fine then suddenly iMessages were having all sorts of problems.

Turn off WiFi, cellular data and iMessages.
Settings/General/Reset, Reset Network Settings
Phone should restart and once it has a cellular connection turn iMessages back on.
Then turn the WiFi and cellular data back on.

Hope that helps fix your problem.
~scol
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
JLyman
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I had this issue for a while and it cleared up on its own. I know that's not very valuable in terms of a fix but when I tried tinkering with my connection and resetting and the like, it didn't really seem to have any effect.
United States  Offline
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #7
overu
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I do think it's the matter with your network.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply