EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General CPU Cooling > Phase Change, Dry Ice, LN2, Other Crazy Stuff
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #21
technogiant
Overclocker

I thought this would probably be the case trailer.....just didn't want to say to rip it out without some confirmation.

I doubt grease around the shaft would work sufficiently......there is a high suction force sucking air into the chamber when the internal air contracts because of the cold temperature.....you could eliminate that suction force by using an expansion/contraction chamber as I've done, that would reduce air entry....but things do still need to be well sealed.

You would be better off removing that fan/blower and put your own fans in there.

You just break away that moulded styrofoam and take off the fan/blower....you can cut off the extra bit of motor shaft, that gives you more room to play with......but you need to keep the metal plate which supports the ac unit fan motor which also drives the other fan.

Last edited by technogiant : 02-08-2013 at 01:12 AM.
United Kingdom  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #22
trailertrash
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

ok thanks guys ill see what i can get done this weekend

Additional Comment:

ok guys a little update. i have not abonded?? the project. but life has gotten into the way and its put on hold fore a few weeks. when the mother-in-law gets back to help with the new baby it will be back on.

Last edited by trailertrash : 02-23-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #23
technogiant
Overclocker

New baby......congrats Trailer......sometimes real life just has to take priory.
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #24
DarkTower87
Tension Tour 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
ok thanks guys ill see what i can get done this weekend

Additional Comment:

ok guys a little update. i have not abonded?? the project. but life has gotten into the way and its put on hold fore a few weeks. when the mother-in-law gets back to help with the new baby it will be back on.
Congrats on the baby! Boy or girl? Good luck and looking forward to you starting up again.
United States  Offline
Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #25
trailertrash
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

i have two girls now. 4yr old and the new one. thanks everyone
United States  Offline
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
Drewmeister
The Need 2 Freeze

Congratulations on the new baby girl TT! Take your time man.. we'll be here when you return.
United States  Offline
Old 02-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #27
clipperjay
I'm thinking today

Aye congrats think time out to enjoy it the little ones!
United Kingdom  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply