EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General CPU Cooling > Water Cooling - (Plain & Chilled)
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
BlastMaster
Old Soldier

With no internal optical drive you could concievably make that first kit work for just a CPU. Your PSU would be pulling air off the top of your MOBO and exausting it out of the case. You could fit an AIO water cooler in this, you could also use a couple 80mm-92mm fans on the side panel vents check out these two goof balls review of this it will be good for you.
YOUTUBE!
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #22
KjoTTbein
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Yes, saw that vid earlier which made me decide to buy that fully modular PSU to get rid of that cable mess. Also the psu fan doesn't spin on this one until it loads over 20% of it's capacity.
But are any of those kits any good?
Norway  Offline
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #23
BlastMaster
Old Soldier

IF you are using the CPU at stock speeds you should be fine, don't ignore the video review completely. When goofball1 tells goofball2 that the thermaltake water cooling kit installed is his actual kit and it works very well.

I would caution you that those stupid little 60mm fans will not be able to supply/evacuate air fast enough for that 120mm AIO kit unless they are secretly the descendants of general electric turbofans. Me being me I would find a way to supply additional air to that radiator/fan from the side holes/reverse the top fan, SOMEWHERE. ALSO having the two small fans as intakes and the top as exaust means the little fans will suck the hot air off the back (PSUEXAUST) and blow it through the case.
I have to say If I built this it would BE mini ITX, I would NOT try a microATX here, not enough space for a real cooler, that or I would CUT A SIDE HOLE allowing a 120mm intake for an all-in-one CPU water cooler.

Edit: My opinion here is that if you build a mini itx just go get a miniITX tower and leave this oddly sized thing for people who only want to watch netflix on their CRT tv and still play music off their zune. If you want a micro ATX this thing WILL BARELY have enough airflow for anything more powerful than an i5 because watercooling is nearly a requirement to keep it cool.

Edit 2: Take me with a grain of salt I haven't done any PC engineering in 10 years, and I havent been an electronics engineer since the mid 90s... I can and will modify almost anything but to me that case looks like a bad idea, I do like the modular PSU though.

BTW Check this out I think this is what the goofballs are using on that ITX board.

Last edited by BlastMaster : 03-06-2013 at 06:42 PM.
United States  Offline
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #24
KjoTTbein
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Well, i like the looks of the case and im willing to atleast try and see if i can make things work, If not i will change to another case.

Additional Comment:

Ended up buying the Alphacool kit.
Should i use push or pull with the radiator or push/pull?.
Also what fans are recommended for this?

Last edited by KjoTTbein : 03-14-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Norway  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply