EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Video Cards, TV Tuners, Monitors > nVidia
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #81
P.I.M.P_SLi
Mad Warranty Voider

Am I the only person who finds the Titan underwhelming? The Ares 2 and 690 smashes it for a similar price range.
England  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #82
Slizzo
Mad Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P_SLi View Post
Am I the only person who finds the Titan underwhelming? The Ares 2 and 690 smashes it for a similar price range.
Yes, but compute performance on those two cards are absolute crap compared to Titan. That seems to be what Titan is all about (compute performance).

Last edited by Slizzo : 03-03-2013 at 09:04 PM.
United States  Offline
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #83
Witchdoctor
"Think"

Quote:

Yes you are the only one..........

But, I agree it is over priced for a gaming card
United States  Offline
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #84
PhilZJ
Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerz View Post
I'm knitting a face mask for the post office
Ha ha, we shall post our triumphs on a blog, they'll never catch us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post
some are saying Q3 2014 .............
eek, that's really bad news! I was hoping not to have my 580 that long...

Quote:

I'm hoping these will got in the high $600 range in a few months, but I have a feeling that won't happen. Maybe they will be like the 690 or the intel extremes that are always stuck at the $1k mark no matter what until the next big item comes along.
United States  Offline
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #85
Witchdoctor
"Think"

One thing is for sure, as long as they are sold out everywhere and people are pay 1500 on ebay for them they can ask whatever they want for them

kinda bites
United States  Offline
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #86
PhilZJ
Overclocker

Quote:
One thing is for sure, as long as they are sold out everywhere and people are pay 1500 on ebay for them they can ask whatever they want for them

kinda bites
Just noticed that! Amazon too has nut prices! Screw my vanguard accounts I should have gone short term on some titans!
Even 680s (FTW+ or classified) are hard to find.
United States  Offline
Old 03-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #87
P.I.M.P_SLi
Mad Warranty Voider

Quote:

Considering the fact that it came out 14 months after the 7900 series and is only 20-30% faster at 2.5x the cost, its quite unimpressive. Additionally, I don't think that nVidia "chose" not to release it, but rather could not do it at acceptable yields and profit margins for the desktop market at the time.

Last edited by P.I.M.P_SLi : 03-09-2013 at 06:25 PM.
England  Offline
Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #88
ORL
Bring on the Liquid

Quote:
Considering the fact that it came out 14 months after the 7900 series and is only 20-30% faster at 2.5x the cost, its quite unimpressive. Additionally, I don't think that nvidia "chose" not to release it, but rather could not do it at acceptable yields and profit margins for the desktop market at the time.
This is true. Fact is this is basically the same chip they cannot field the orders for in the commercial market. They couldnt handle the general market at the same time. It is not the original chip to be released but somehow they stepped it down to "be competitive" That whole line was a bloated line of crap.

EIther way, Titans numbers as a single card are still nice. Its just to expensive, but for now they can charge what they want and people will buy.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply