EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Video Cards, TV Tuners, Monitors > ATi Technologies
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #101
Urbanfox
Sellsword

WOW... this worries me. Sad times we live in when XFX is pulling this kind of stuff...
United States  Online
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #102
Blackops_2
World Needs Bad Men

I don't know that for a fact but if you google XFX RMA's some of the stuff is a little freaky. Also my first experience was much better than ORLs as you can see. That being said a faulty product is a faulty product.
United States  Online
Old 03-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #103
ORL
Bring on the Liquid

Im considering the option of buying a pair of 7870Ghz for CF on water. They are shorter and will offer a bit better versatility for my radiator setup with push and pull fans and after some OC will perform better individually than the crap clocks my 7950s did.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
I don't know that for a fact but if you google XFX RMA's some of the stuff is a little freaky. Also my first experience was much better than ORLs as you can see. That being said a faulty product is a faulty product.
Well to be honest when I first read your thread I could not help but thinking well my chips do not clock well but at least I dodged a complete lemon bullet. Then I guess between all the bench marking and messing with games the weaker one bit it. Unfortunately it took the second one with it.

The weaker one that I am pretty sure started this will not even let the computer get to post let alone complete it.

The second one that went with it will let me boot up completely and I will even hear windows start up but it never displays video at all. Not on the DVIs or the Display/Mini Display ports.

Last edited by ORL : 03-05-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #104
Witchdoctor
"Think"

I have not read this thread from start to finish, just pieces of it. But it seems XFX customers service is less than stellar.

I had problems years ago with an unstable card. I hope everything works out, but companies like this should not go unpunished. I would take every opportunity to enlighten everyone you can. Bankruptcy would seem a fitting end to this company. I personally would not buy any of their products just on principal.
United States  Online
Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 AM   #105
ORL
Bring on the Liquid

Well like I said this is pretty much the end of my support. I just cannot do it again. It was my first failures with them and the Customer Service plus seeing so many people go through this as well at the same time turned it over for me.

I also found out they honor the warranties with Refurb/Returned cards. So basically I got a couple months of use, it fails, and they send me something someone else returned possibly after running the hell out of it. No Bueno
United States  Offline
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #106
Blackops_2
World Needs Bad Men

What should i say to this? I told them i had artifacts at desktop...

Quote:
[ 3/6/2013 1:54:50 AM] Didn`t have any artifacts after playing metro 2033 for two hours. Haven`t tried any other games. But i just had some browsing on the desktop.

[MARK_R 3/6/2013 11:56:35 PM] Okay, If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and let us know. Mark
United States  Online
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #107
_DOM_
Overclocker

Wow... You wouldn't wanna know what I would say.... XD

He didnt even read what you said

Have tou tried calling them ?
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #108
ORL
Bring on the Liquid

Do you need their number Blackops? Its just so aggravating when your ignored or blatantly answered in pure ignorance.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #109
Blackops_2
World Needs Bad Men

I haven't tried calling them going to tell them again, maybe he just misread my comment idk. If they don't respond right from then i'll have to call them.
United States  Online
Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #110
_DOM_
Overclocker

seems he cant read the whole sentence, must be from a 3rd world customer service center
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #111
Witchdoctor
"Think"

tell them you need level 2 tech, level one they are simply reading the answers out of a book. When they ask you did you try to reboot it is time to move up the ladder .......
United States  Online
Old 03-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #112
Blackops_2
World Needs Bad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post
tell them you need level 2 tech, level one they are simply reading the answers out of a book. When they ask you did you try to reboot it is time to move up the ladder .......
They should know by the first RMA when i rejected the fact that it was memory or my CPU that was causing the problems. Though i never told them my phenom was OCed because then they would have for sure blamed that. Truth is this is the most stable OC i've ever had. 24Hrs prime 95 stable and 15rds of IBT. Never had a blue screen or a hickup till the XFX 7970

I don't understand tech support these days it's either A.) they don't want to give you the time of day or B.) They don't know WTF they're talking about.

Last edited by Blackops_2 : 03-07-2013 at 06:05 PM.
United States  Online
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #113
Witchdoctor
"Think"

Typically the latter unfortunatly,

I am with Dom, I would have became hostile, these cards cost to much money these days for crap *** support like that

Good luck
United States  Online
Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #114
Blackops_2
World Needs Bad Men

Maybe i should just light into them to wake the **** up. Honestly i'd rather have money back than another one of their products.
United States  Online
Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #115
rich9cinti
I Likes Hardware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
Maybe i should just light into them to wake the **** up. Honestly i'd rather have money back than another one of their products.
Sorry to hear Blackops that all this is happening to ya... I'd be , too!
United States  Offline
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #116
Urbanfox
Sellsword

To add to this, my new XFX is acting weird when OC'ing. At first it would display the right clocks, but then the performance would be stock. To add to that, last night it wouldn't OC at all, as in it kept reverting to stock clocks... Used Trixx & AB no success -.-
United States  Online
Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #117
ORL
Bring on the Liquid

I have the same issue on an older 6xxx card. I noticed it starts when you install a second program capable of overclocking on your system with overclocking enabled on CCC. Give it a shot
United States  Offline
Old 03-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #118
Urbanfox
Sellsword

Disabled and reinstalled last night so it wasn't that
United States  Online
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #119
Blackops_2
World Needs Bad Men

Some serious QC problems in this company...

Additional Comment:

Got another RMA number so now I'm in my second

Last edited by Blackops_2 : 03-13-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Online
Old 03-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #120
Witchdoctor
"Think"

That's good news

Are they cross shipping a new card ?
United States  Online
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply