EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Off Topic / General Chat (No Post Increase) > Games, Games, Games... > Simulators (Flying, Racing, etc)
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #21
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

SimCity: The Kotaku Review

http://kotaku.com/5989115/simcity-the-kotaku-review
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
l_lNOXl_l
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

The game looks like a lot of fun, and I saw the video on how Will Write plays and the different features he likes which was really cool to see. On the other hand I'm with the majority of the people that have posted in this thread where the online DRM is a deal breaker. The reason I personally am against online DRM is because I may not always have an Internet Connection available to me, so my $60.00 is only sometimes worth the money.

Also CybrSlydr's screenshot in post# 17 of this thread just cracks me up, because if I purchase something I plan on playing it when I want. I am not standing in a line at the bank, I am not sitting on a bench waiting for the bus, I am playing a video game.

In short, the game looks like fun for a casual play and my only grip is online DRM. I will most likely purchase it when EA gets more authentication servers up and running.

-NOX
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #23
GoodGuy8705
Overclocking Machine

Or you could never purchase it and make a point.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #24
SCOLANATOR
Kooler King

Another great series ruined/butchered by EA.

C&C Generals 2 is going free to play, you know it will be bad - just look at how bad Real Racing 3 turned out to be. Possibly the worst F2P game I've ever played.

Are EA Executives so thick that they forget iPhone games are meant to be played while on the bus or waiting for a plane or something, not play two races then either wait 5 minutes for an oil change or cough up. I was happy to spend £10 on that, no chance after seeing how badly they are ripping gamers off.

They Codified Battlefield 3, it wasn't terrible but I feel it lost that Battlefield magic - here's hoping with an 8GB PS4 things will be better. Please, please, please bring back 64 player servers.

Now it looks like Simcity 5 is ruined by the looks of things. I can appreciate wanting to add online elements in but for god sake, give me the option to take no part in them, plus always on DRM for what is really a single player game? At least my beloved Steam allows me to go into offline mode when I'm on the move or my internet is down.

To me EA is the worst thing in video gaming, they can't do anything right.
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
l_lNOXl_l
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGuy8705 View Post
Or you could never purchase it and make a point.
I don't think me buying a game that I would like to play is making a point to a company like EA. If EA had the choice of either taking my $60.00 or kicking me in the face I believe they would take the latter and give me $60.00. It is a drop in the bucket for them, and one less sale doesn't really matter.

Before you throw the argument of one vote or one sale matters take a look at the society we're in where there is the same game being sold over and over again to the same people. I am speaking of the Call of Duty series, and not trying to troll but stating a fact.

- NOX
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
GoodGuy8705
Overclocking Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_lNOXl_l View Post
I don't think me buying a game that I would like to play is making a point to a company like EA. If EA had the choice of either taking my $60.00 or kicking me in the face I believe they would take the latter and give me $60.00. It is a drop in the bucket for them, and one less sale doesn't really matter.

Before you throw the argument of one vote or one sale matters take a look at the society we're in where there is the same game being sold over and over again to the same people. I am speaking of the Call of Duty series, and not trying to troll but stating a fact.

- NOX
The reason it doesn't make a difference is because everyone has that mentality. If everyone that made a comment like that didn't buy the game, it would add up pretty **** quick.

“No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.” - Voltaire
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #27
l_lNOXl_l
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

GoodGuy8705,

I agree with you 100%, but the fact that the world is not this way my point stands. Thank you for your input, and I really do wish it would change as well. Since the masses just mindlessly buy video games people will never have a true say to developers in what we want, and we will not be able to take a stand.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
GoodGuy8705
Overclocking Machine

A self fulfilling prophecy if I've ever seen one.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #29
XZero450
MN12 Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGuy8705 View Post
A self fulfilling prophecy if I've ever seen one.
At this point you are little more than polluting this thread. Some of us in did buy the game despite the DRM and that should be the end of you telling us not to buy said game because of the DRM. Is it affecting our games? Yep. Did we know it would? We suspected. Are we upset that is has? Yep.

I've not purchased a lot of games because I wanted to make a point. I've given up. I buy games and/or wait for DRM removal, and if I buy them ahead of time I enjoy the game as best I can until it's gone. I have a handful of games on Steam, and even fewer on Origin. All of my other games only require a CD-Key to play anytime I want if they even require that much.

Anyway, this thread was to be about who's getting it and what our experiences are. It should not turn into a debate on why everyone should boycott EA/this game..

Lastly, I did get to play it for a bit today until I had an overlay glitch in the tutorial and I could not continue. I resorted to exiting the game..
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #30
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

This is God-****ed ridiculous.

I have yet to play this game for more than 30 minutes since it launched. Today the problem is that when I launch the game, it says it can't connect to the servers.

Un-****ing-believable.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #31
l_lNOXl_l
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Do you think they will compensate for their error in judgement?
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #32
Tomek
Just Monkeying Around

The meta user score
Canada  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #33
XZero450
MN12 Enthusiast

https://www.change.org/petitions/ele...re-games#share

Only 24,000 and counting.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #34
DarkTower87
Tension Tour 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZero450 View Post
I don't even own the game nor will I be buying anything EA in the future. Still I signed it.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #35
bravotsx
Space Monkey

Apparently EA has seen fit to threaten banning your Origin account if you request a refund...

SimCity: EA Refuses Refunds, Threatens Customer With Origin bans
A customer has been threatened with an Origin ban for demanding a refund of the game.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...h-origin-bans/
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #36
Scooter
Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravotsx View Post
Apparently EA has seen fit to threaten banning your Origin account if you request a refund...

SimCity: EA Refuses Refunds, Threatens Customer With Origin bans
A customer has been threatened with an Origin ban for demanding a refund of the game.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...h-origin-bans/
link is now broken?
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #37
bravotsx
Space Monkey

it just went down...Dark's gonna post it to the news. but here's the original thread from EA
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#27460807
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #38
Scooter
Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravotsx View Post
it just went down...Dark's gonna post it to the news. but here's the original thread from EA
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#27460807
Just found related threads through other EOCF thread XD
sorry, read through this first then jumped to other thread
this is indeed a disappointment.
I wonder if Ill be seeing a customer who just bought SimCity in store the other day soon try to return it
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #39
l_lNOXl_l
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I honestly do not understand this. Why is everyone crying about SimCity have launch defects, and DEMANDING a refund? I ensure you they will get fixed in time, they are not just going to smack their hands together and be like well "good try everyone". You have been waiting for the game this long, why not wait a few days maybe weeks more? I do agree that they should compensate like give you free DLCs or something like $30.00 of your next purchase, but don't sit here and cry about launch day bugs.

Battlefield 2
Diablo 3
Guild Wars 2

Just to name a few...So chill out, go play Tomb Raider or something and come back in a week.

BTW I did sign the partition that is linked above.
United States  Offline
Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #40
DarkTower87
Tension Tour 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_lNOXl_l View Post
I honestly do not understand this. Why is everyone crying about SimCity have launch defects, and DEMANDING a refund? I ensure you they will get fixed in time, they are not just going to smack their hands together and be like well "good try everyone". You have been waiting for the game this long, why not wait a few days maybe weeks more? I do agree that they should compensate like give you free DLCs or something like $30.00 of your next purchase, but don't sit here and cry about launch day bugs.

Battlefield 2
Diablo 3
Guild Wars 2

Just to name a few...So chill out, go play Tomb Raider or something and come back in a week.

BTW I did sign the partition that is linked above.
They should not release something that's this ****ed up. It's like Ford releasing a car that sometimes runs, a movie that will sometimes play, a song that will stop halfway through or skip. It's not that it has bugs but that it's unplayable.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply