EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > General Windows Troubleshooting
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 06-21-2002, 06:18 PM   #1
mikeshn
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Outlook Express question?

I use Outlook Express program with Windows XP. When I install new system(reinstall or format hard drive) I lost all my e-mails and the address book in Outlook Express. How can I save all my emails and address book when I perform the format of the system.

Thanks in advance
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 06-21-2002, 07:01 PM   #2
shroomer

just go to http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q175017

Last edited by shroomer : 06-21-2002 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:35 PM   #3
shroomer

here is the explanation

Exporting Address Books or Business Cards
To export an address book or business card from Outlook Express to another e-mail program, follow these steps in Outlook Express:
On the Tools menu, click Address Book.

On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Address Book or Business Card (vcard).

If you are exporting an address book, click the address book you want to export, click Export, and then proceed through the wizard. If you are exporting a business card, locate and click the .vcf file you want to export, and then click Save.

Importing Address Books or Business Cards
To import an address book or business card from another e-mail program to Outlook Express, follow these steps in Outlook Express:

On the Tools menu, click Address Book.

On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Address Book or Business Card (vcard).

If you are importing an address book, click the address book you want to import, and then click Import. Depending on the type of address book you are importing, either locate and click the address book file, and then click Open, or proceed through the wizard. If you are importing a business card, locate and click the .vcf file you want to import, and then click Save.

Outlook Express supports importing and exporting the following types of address books:

Export:
Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book

Text File (comma Separated Values)

Import:
Eudora Pro or Light Address Book (through v3.0)

LDIF - LDAP Data Interchange Format

Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book

Microsoft Internet Mail for Windows 3.1 Address Book

Netscape Address Book (v2 or v3)

Netscape Communicator Address Book (v4)

Text File (comma Separated Values)

Business Card (vCard)
Old 06-22-2002, 05:00 AM   #4
mikeshn
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I just wnat to do the back up ..
Old 06-22-2002, 05:06 AM   #5
glock19owner

Well if you are formatting then you will lose everything on that HDD if you do not have two partitions on it. If that is the case, go sign up for a free email serivce and send all your files to that free email addy and once you have everything reinstalled then go back to the free email and download all your files and reinstall the files...

If you have separate partitions then just copy the files to your other partition...
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply