EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General CPU Cooling > Thermal Electric Cooling - (TECs / Peltiers)

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 07-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #1
Buzzkiller
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Why are all these threads locked?

What exactly is the thread policy in this section?

I am in the process of redesigning my TEC/Peltier chilled water cooling and was considering posting it in here, but not if it is going to be immediately closed, it's just not worth the trouble to post the build?
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 07-02-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

They get auto locked after a period of time of inactivity.If you need to comment on something in a locked thread start a new one and link to whatever passage/post you think pertains to what you're asking.As long as the thread stays active it will be open.
Canada  Offline
Old 07-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #3
Mr.Scott
Chief Engineer

Or message Kwiksilver and have him re-open it for you.
United States  Offline
Old 07-03-2016, 07:35 AM   #4
Buzzkiller
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thanks Guys!
United States  Offline
Old 08-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #5
doggonit55
Learning to overclock

Locked threads. My ideas, for what its worth.

I think locking these threads because of inactivity could have an unintended consequence of losing out on newcomer responses, and subsequently new interested parties that will help build this site. I think it is kind of like closing your restaurant or auto parts store early because it is not busy. I see that a thread can be reopened by request, but nobody's going to wait in the parking lot while the restaurant owner comes back to open up. I've been around long enough to know that is a good way to go out of business. 16,000 views in 1.5 years on a locked thread makes me wonder how many comments or ideas were lost forever. That being said, maybe there is a good reason to lock the threads. Maybe it helps the moderator's job more manageable.
United States  Offline
Old 08-28-2016, 06:15 AM   #6
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

I think more like the information contained is out of date.You can start a new thread a and link the old one for reference.Most of the people that posted in the old threads have moved on to other things so aren't likely to be of much help.Mr Scott is one who keeps up on older hardware and is a wealth of info on legacy hardware but he is is the exception.
Canada  Offline
Old 08-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
doggonit55
Learning to overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcmillan View Post
I think more like the information contained is out of date.You can start a new thread a and link the old one for reference.Most of the people that posted in the old threads have moved on to other things so aren't likely to be of much help.Mr Scott is one who keeps up on older hardware and is a wealth of info on legacy hardware but he is is the exception.
Makes sense. Just out of curiosity, what does locking the thread help? Not trying to be a problem, just curious.
United States  Offline
Old 08-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #8
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

I think it had more to do with forum etiquette than anything as it was considered bad form to "necro" a thread that hadn't been active in a long time for some reason not sure I understand it.
Canada  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply