EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Hard Drives, CD/DVD Drives & Flash Media

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 06-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #301
mimart7
Je plie, donc je suis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PommieB View Post
Well Guy's looks like the end of sticky, went into to add a few drives and it's been cut and shortened, so I guess that's the end. Okay while it lasted I guess.
I appreciate all you have Pommie, many thanks for the time and effort you have put into this.
United States  Online
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 06-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #302
PommieB
Overclocker

Thanks Mimart7, Actually a bit disappointed, I wish they had warned me so that I could have shortened to the required size, but that didn't happen.
Australia  Offline
Old 06-09-2016, 11:49 AM   #303
kwiksilver
: فͤ҈ͥ҉ͦ҈ͧ҉ͨ҈ͩ҉ͪ҈ͫ҉ͬ
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Mimart7, Actually a bit disappointed, I wish they had warned me so that I could have shortened to the required size, but that didn't happen.
I don't see that we edited anything. I'm wondering the upgrade to the newer vbulletin a while back changed the max post length?
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 06-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #304
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksilver View Post
I don't see that we edited anything. I'm wondering the upgrade to the newer vbulletin a while back changed the max post length?
That could very well be another forum I frequent is constantly starting a new thread because one gets over post length restrictions.They just use a continued here link.
Canada  Online
Old 06-10-2016, 01:47 AM   #305
PommieB
Overclocker

I think your right Kwiksilver, I think that's the reason after giving it more thought, I was worried they were going to close the sticky, not worried about what was cut, I can replace the important stuff. If that's the reason I might reorganize it to that limit, I'll simply remove some of the old stuff and limit the amount of drives and delete some of the older drives.

Being an old fart at 70, I'm still interested in computers, while that continues I'll keep updating the sticky and keep it within limits.
Australia  Offline
Old 10-21-2016, 02:18 AM   #306
PommieB
Overclocker

Well Guys I've added a number of new drives, I've deleted some older drives to stay within size, will be add and deleting more in the future to keep it up to date.

Drives added Adata Ultimate SU800, G Skill Phoenix FTL, Intel SSD 600p PCIe m.2, Kingston SSDNow UV400, Samsung 960 pro PCIe M.2 and Samsung 960 Evo PCIe M.2, both due to be release shortly.

Samsung are still the top drives to buy performance wise, the Intel 600p is a budget PCIe M.2 drive, no where near the performance of the Samsung's, but quite a bit cheaper.

PommieB.
Australia  Offline
Old 10-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #307
Urbanfox
I Regret Nothing

Those Samsung 960 Pros.... WOWZERS. That 2TB drive is amazing.
United States  Offline
Old 10-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #308
PommieB
Overclocker

I'd agree with that, there is a new Toshiba/OCZ VX500 2.5 inch sata drive that according to Tweaktown as better overall performance than the Samsung 850 pro and will be a lot cheaper, be interesting to see what people think about the drive, I should add that OCZ drives are Toshiba's these day's very little if anything left of the original OCZ.

The Samsung drives have overall dominance.

I'm at the moment doing in another update of mostly OCZ drive, I'm removing a lot of the older OCZ drives, I will still have the info in a database, so anyone wanting info on older need only post here, if I have the info and still capable of posting it, I'll post it here.
Australia  Offline
Old 01-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #309
PommieB
Overclocker

Replaced and added extra Toshiba / OCZ drives. Transcend drives will be next.
Australia  Offline
Old 01-30-2017, 03:29 AM   #310
mimart7
Je plie, donc je suis

Quote:
Replaced and added extra Toshiba / OCZ drives. Transcend drives will be next.
Many thanks for keeping this thread updated.
United States  Online
Old 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #311
PommieB
Overclocker

No problems, keeps me occupied.
Australia  Offline
Old 05-11-2017, 03:27 AM   #312
PommieB
Overclocker

Have added Western Digital drives, these drives are basically Sandisk drives, Western Digital now own Sandisk so the drives should be top quality.

Also added m.2 drives from Adata and Corsair.
Australia  Offline
Old 07-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #313
PommieB
Overclocker

Have added two Adata drives with 3D MLC memory, the SU900 and the XPG SX950 , interesting drives.
Australia  Offline
Old 07-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #314
Spartacus
HULK SMASH!

So much data, do you have an excel sheet of all this you could attach so the information could be easily decipherable?
United States  Offline
Old 07-10-2017, 02:11 AM   #315
PommieB
Overclocker

No, afraid not. I use word and it is easily accessible, I can find just about anything I need, when I need it. Sorry not into excel. I have a lot more data about older drives going back to the early Intel E drives. There are 385 A4 pages.
Australia  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply