EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Web Browsers, News & FTP Programs

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 06-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
~Dad
Extreme Overclocker

FireFox unsecured?

Does it ever seem that every thing you touch turns to poop and so does the piece it's attached to?

I'm trying to post up a problem I'm having with GF's rig but I use FireFox. Every time I try to log into EOC I get dire warnings that FF is not secure. It offers that I might try typing "http://" first but it hasn't worked yet.

What's up??

~Dad
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 06-26-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

Latest version of FF and what o/s? I gave up on FF about version 23 it was causing me grief.
Canada  Offline
Old 06-26-2017, 06:22 PM   #3
PommieB
Overclocker

I'm using the latest 64b version of firefox and I have no problems at all, google on the other hand can at times be problematic, I'm using win10 which gave me a few problems in it's early release, those problem have gone away with later releases, firefox is set as default.

The only thing I can suggest is to check the settings, try different settings see if it makes a difference.
Australia  Offline
Old 06-26-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
~Dad
Extreme Overclocker

Well, I have 52.2.0 ESR. I guess that would explain it. This particular rig is the first I ever built and it's still running Vista.

Insecure password warning in Firefox

Firefox will display a lock icon with red strike-through in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.
Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.
United States  Offline
Old 06-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

Vista is your problem it's no longer supported.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcmillan View Post
Vista is your problem it's no longer supported.

I had the same problem with Chrome on the wife's Vista machine.

Last edited by jbmcmillan; 06-26-2017 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Canada  Offline
Old 06-27-2017, 05:24 AM   #6
~Dad
Extreme Overclocker

I got the same thing on my main rig running W10 when I got home last night.
United States  Offline
Old 06-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #7
digitaldd
Blah Blah Blah

Firefox and Google Chrome starting warning customers that sites not using SSL/TLS to secure their traffic were insecure a few versions ago. Its a warning basically telling you that this site doesn't use a secure connection its http:// not https:// Since I doubt anyone is going to re-engineer this site and spring for an SSL cert anytime soon I would advise not using a password you use on other sites here.
United States  Offline
Old 06-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #8
jbmcmillan
OLD FART

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldd View Post
Firefox and Google Chrome starting warning customers that sites not using SSL/TLS to secure their traffic were insecure a few versions ago. Its a warning basically telling you that this site doesn't use a secure connection its http:// not https:// Since I doubt anyone is going to re-engineer this site and spring for an SSL cert anytime soon I would advise not using a password you use on other sites here.
Haven't run across it yet at all.Good to know.
Canada  Offline
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 AM   #9
~Dad
Extreme Overclocker

Thank you, gentlemen. It sort'a felt like I had the plague or an STD for a while.....
United States  Offline
Old 06-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #10
kwiksilver
: فͤ҈ͥ҉ͦ҈ͧ҉ͨ҈ͩ҉ͪ҈ͫ҉ͬ
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldd View Post
Since I doubt anyone is going to re-engineer this site and spring for an SSL cert anytime soon I would advise not using a password you use on other sites here.
What would give you that impression?
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply