EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Official EOC Folding @ Home Team

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 10-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
gregaber
GPU folder

Progress

It's been quiet for a while now.

Welcome back Sneevly, who restarted and went flying past the 900M mark a few weeks ago.

Overvoltage and I crested the 200M mark recently.

My temporary Win10 license on my fourth rig finally expired. It would boot multiple times per day as a prod so I finally got that fixed. Also upgraded the other 3 rigs to Win10 while I was at it.

Anyone else notice any slowdown in PPD with some core 21 and 18's? Some of those cause my machines to run slower and hotter.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 10-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
jimh425
Fold more - bark less

I didn't notice Sneevly was back either, welcome back!

Congrats on the 200M mark! On my front, I'm just getting ready to fire up my 4Ps again, but we have unusual warm weather.
United States  Offline
Old 10-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
johnerz
Just getting Old

I'm considering firing up my 4P again, what will your setup be (OS and Core)?
England  Offline
Old 10-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
jimh425
Fold more - bark less

I was going to lookup/search what was doing the best but it's probably going to be some form of Ubuntu. I haven't decided if I'm going to try the 7.x or 6.x software. My 6272s seem to do better with the 7.x software and the 6172s seem to do better with 6.x software the last time.
United States  Offline
Old 10-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
iczerjones
Make it chilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaber View Post
Anyone else notice any slowdown in PPD with some core 21 and 18's? Some of those cause my machines to run slower and hotter.
I was going to ask the same question. It seems like in the last week there have been quite a few just not churning like they usually do.

Could be an anomaly, but the past two days seem to have corrected whatever was amiss. Time will tell.
United States  Offline
Old 10-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
jimh425
Fold more - bark less

My 4Ps are up after a cleaning. Man were they full of dust.

Next up, is probably my 2P.

Additional Comment:

My 2P is running now. PPD for the past 24 hours is over 1M at 1,030,436. That's been a while since I seen a number near that although I don't expect it every day.

Last edited by jimh425; 10-23-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 10-24-2015, 04:08 AM   #7
iczerjones
Make it chilly

Curious, how are you and gregaber pulling such large value WUs? (I've noticed your WUs are low, but points very high)

Are you just running Linux hosts with -bigadv or something?
United States  Offline
Old 10-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
jimh425
Fold more - bark less

My 4Ps (48 and 64 cores) are running -bigadv. My 2P was as well but takes about 2 days per WU. A lot of my points are a result of when 2 systems were pulling about 1M per day with -bigadv. Most of my recent points are from the 2 GTX 970s.

I stopped folding the the low powered CPUs very much because relatively speaking the power usage doesn't make sense.
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2015, 06:20 AM   #9
johnerz
Just getting Old

Thanks, I hope to get my 4p back in a week or so when I get a day off
England  Offline
Old 11-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #10
gregaber
GPU folder

For me it's just gpu folding on Windows 10 boxes. GPU WUs are of much higher value than CPU WUs.
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #11
johnerz
Just getting Old

The 4p is in the workshop and therefore does not annoy "she who must be obeyed"
England  Offline
Old 11-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #12
Sneevly
PPD=E-Peen

Thank you for the welcomes

I've got the two 4p's running and then the GTX Titan. I quickly set up the 4p's with some version of ubuntu and then left it. Didn't even configure it, so I don't think I have the -bigadv flag on. Honestly I have no idea how much any one computer is producing.

I had to retire the rig I'm on with the 570's. They're still water cooled, temps are low, but even at stock clocks they lock up. I rode 'em hard, boys.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply