EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Official EOC Folding @ Home Team

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 01-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #1
Jason
Da' Boss
Administrator

'Adopt-a-Rig - Infomation, Status, and Questions'.

What is the purpose of Adopt-a-Rig?

The Adopt-a-Rig program is designed to take spare unused computer parts, and put them to good use by building a functioning system that can "fold" for the EOC Folding@Home Team.

What do I get out of donating parts or hosting a rig?

The main benefit is in helping medical science find cures that could save lives! By donating computer parts you are helping to build a machine that can accomplish this. If you are chosen as a host, then you get the pride of being one of the chosen few to host an Adopt-a-Rig for the EOC Folding@Home team.

Who do I contact for questions, donating parts, or hosting a rig?
Please contact HotRod for any questions, concerns, or comments about the Adopt-a-Rig program. (Please include in the subject "Adopt-a-Rig" for a faster response).

Rules For Submitting Adopt-A-Rig Hardware:

1) Hardware must be in good WORKING condition, please don't send us anything that doesn't work!
2) All shipping costs are the responsibility of the person donating the hardware. (Please PM Jason Rabel for the address to ship donated hardware)
3) All dontated hardware becomes the property of the EOC Folding@Home Team.

While we will do our best to utilize all hardware we receive, please understand that some oddball or rare components might not get used if compatible parts are unavailable.

Rules For Being A Valid Adopt-A-Rig Canidate:

1) Team member must be in good standing and have shown dedication to the EOC Folding@Home Team for the long haul. The team member must have been actively folding for the EOC Folding@Home Team. Past participation and contributions are taken into account. The EOC Folding@Home Team is recognized as team number 11314, as is recognized by the Folding@Home project, hosted by The Pande Group of Stanford University, as well as www.folding-community.org.

2) The member must be able to provide the Adopt-a-Rig machine with a safe and secure environment for an extended period of time - this means an indeterminate period.

3) You must be knowledgeable in building & maintaing computers and loading operating systems, and all that is entailed. In the event the computer should fail, the host is expected to make good faith efforts to repair it. The host is NOT expected to pay any repair costs out of pocket. We will send a replacement part should something fail (or I can reimburse you if its decided that it would be easier / cheaper to pick up the part locally). The only thing required of the host is to swap out the components to get it back up and running.

4) Dedicated, "always-on" Internet connection 24/7 is essential, 56K and up, and a free port on an existing network. If the Internet connection should fail, the host is expected to make good faith efforts to get back on line as soon as is possible.

5) The computer must run and as a result, "Fold" 24/7 exclusively. (If you go on vacation or leave for an extended period of time you are allowed to turn it off.) Said computer is not intended to replace your computer for gaming, etc. Keep in mind that 24-hour operating will increase your electricity bill by up to a few dollars per month (rates vary by provider and geographic area). The Team expects the host to make good faith efforts to keep the computer running as much as is possible.

6) The computer shall Fold for team #11314, under the user name of "EOC_X" (X = Adopt-a-Rig machine no.) exclusively. The team can/will monitor the rigs output by way of statistics provided by Stanford, Statsman, EOC stats, and the like. Be sure to instill the user name as shown here so as to be consistant with the other Adopt-a-Rig computers.

7) In the event the host can no longer support the adopted computer, or he/she is not able to run the computer for an extended period of time (that being 4 weeks or more), it is to be returned to the ExtremeOverclocking.com owner (Jason Rabel), or a EOC folding forum moderator, or an ExtremeOverclocking.com administrator within two weeks. The shipping costs involved with returning said computer shall be the responsibility of the host. (Under special circumstances we can help out with the return shipping costs.)

8) The host must be 18 years of age or older, and must live in the United States.

9) When contacting us about becoming a potential host, any useful info like internet connection, hosting facilities, and experience would be helpful.

Disclaimer:
- All team-donated parts that go into an Adopt-a-Rig donated Folding@Home computers are property of the EOC Folding@Home Team. The parts the host provide are his own.
- ExtremeOverclocking.com's owner(s), and/or administrator(s), and/or Folding moderator(s) reserve the right to amend these rules as required.
- ExtremeOverclocking.com, and/or its owner(s), and/or administrator(s), and/or moderator(s), and/or member(s), and/or sponsors shall not be held responsible or liable for any losses incurred either directly, or indirectly as a result of hosting any Adopt-a-Rig computer. The host selected shall bear full responsibility for said computer. By applying to be selected as a host, you acknowledge you understand, agree with, and will abide by these rules as set forth here and as may be amended in the future as required.

NOTE: This entire project and the rules set forth above is/are based on TRUST. We, the team, trust that you, the host, will do all you can to keep the computer folding as much as is possible, in its name, for the EOC Folding@Home Team. You, the host, trust, that we the EOC Folding@Home Team, support you in every way we can.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 01-05-2004, 11:29 AM   #2
Jason
Da' Boss
Administrator

Current Adopt-a-Rig Systems:

EOC_1 - Will be testing
- CPU: AMD 64 +3000
- Hosted By: Drake

EOC_2 - Up And Running!
- CPU: AthlonXP 1700+
- Hosted By: trajik78
EOC_3
- Up And Running!
- CPU: AthlonXP 1800+
- Hosted By: Really2tall

EOC_4
- Up And Running!
- CPU: AthlonXP 1700+
- Hosted By: Drake
United States  Offline
Old 11-19-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Jason
Da' Boss
Administrator

EOC_1 is officially MIA... I've tried contacting Shynzx via PM, IM, and email with no reply.
United States  Offline
Old 05-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
HotRod
Folding Team Captain
Retired Staff

Thread Cleaned......

EOC_4 is back up for adoption. A big thanks to AMDGUY for hosting the rig and keeping it running.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 04:53 AM   #5
AMDGUY
Riff Raff

Thanks HotRod, if anyone wants to host this, pm me &/or HotRod so it can have a new home.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
trajik78
Berries & Cream

for anyone who's looking at the EOC folding rigs (hotrod ) and wondering what EOC_2 is doing...

i'm having some trouble sending WU's out. the rig wont connect to the collection server for what appears to be no good reason. i currently have 4-5 WU's waiting to be sent. i'm currently trouble shooting the problem over at the Stanford forums.

http://forum.folding-community.org/v...=14970&start=0
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #7
DriveEuro
Mad Warranty Voider

Anyone want to donate for a 775 rig? I have an ECS 945P-A mobo. I could donate a 460w PSU too. Also can supply the hard drive.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #8
trajik78
Berries & Cream

the way it usually works is that anything of use to be donated should be sent to Hotrod. He puts them together and then ships them to the host.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #9
DriveEuro
Mad Warranty Voider

Right, I've read up on the previous thread. But what's the point in trying to build it when we don't have things like ram, cpu....etc
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
trajik78
Berries & Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveEuro
Right, I've read up on the previous thread. But what's the point in trying to build it when we don't have things like ram, cpu....etc
cause Hotrod will list on the 1st (or 2nd) post what we're looking for. He probablly has some goodies already.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #11
DriveEuro
Mad Warranty Voider

Oh, ok. Usually when I stick my head in here the thread hasn't been bumped in weeks. I was just trying to start building another rig for EOCF rather than waiting to see what he has.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #12
trajik78
Berries & Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveEuro
Oh, ok. Usually when I stick my head in here the thread hasn't been bumped in weeks. I was just trying to start building another rig for EOCF rather than waiting to see what he has.
coo coo, PM him see what the dilly is.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
HotRod
Folding Team Captain
Retired Staff

I have a case and ram for the new rig.

I quess I can shop for a 755 and donate the cpu to the forum.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #14
DriveEuro
Mad Warranty Voider

No need for you to spend the money though. We can see if we can muster up something for cheap cheap.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #15
HotRod
Folding Team Captain
Retired Staff

Will a 2.8 presscott work in your board??? I have 3 working the farm and might upgrade one of them, then I could donate if we cant find one cheep.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #16
DriveEuro
Mad Warranty Voider

Just needs to be socket 775.

Board even has OC options. Vcore, Vdimm, FSB up to about 250mhz stable.

EDIT!!
Nevermind. Still up for adoption.

Last edited by DriveEuro; 05-11-2006 at 01:52 PM.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #17
bravotsx
Space Monkey

the celeron 346 is super cheap and should be able to fold fairly well.

also the pd805 is super cheap too and has great performance when oc'd, to boot.
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #18
sdat1333
________

I have some stuff for sale that i would be willing to lower the price a little bit for. I really cant donate it, but like i said i can lower some prices.
for instance I would sell the mobo and proc in my sig for $25 shipped if it was for folding (dont kno how much good a 1.4ghz duron is tho.
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #19
HotRod
Folding Team Captain
Retired Staff

Donations only please......I will be glad to help out with the shipping for the rigs.

If they dont sell....we can always use extra parts...
United States  Offline
Old 05-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #20
Ridewithme38
Learning To Overclock

Now how does this work exactly? Basicly any parts you don't want anymore you mail to HotRod and once he gets everything he needs he puts together more folders?

Is this parts of any age or just above a certain processor speed...cause i've got tons of PC-100 memory and Slot 1 processors that i'd love to donate!
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply