EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > AMD Specific > AMD Memory

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 05-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #21
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBrime View Post

Nice. I like Mushkin Ram. It humps with ease.
i don't know a thing about o/cing ram shrimps but i'm very happy with this mushkin and would have no hesitation to buy it again
Australia  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #22
ShrimpBrime
7GHZ CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDozzie View Post
i don't know a thing about o/cing ram shrimps but i'm very happy with this mushkin and would have no hesitation to buy it again
That ram will OC pretty good actually. With an experience individual and a CPU with a better than normal memory controller could have that set running DDR3- 2666 likely with some timing adjustments and a little voltage bumpage.

I'd think 1100mhz is well within your window with 1.65v. I usually ran my sets at 1.68v just in case of unseen v-droop on the ram sticks.
United States  Offline
Old 05-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #23
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
That ram will OC pretty good actually. With an experience individual and a CPU with a better than normal memory controller could have that set running DDR3- 2666 likely with some timing adjustments and a little voltage bumpage.

I'd think 1100mhz is well within your window with 1.65v. I usually ran my sets at 1.68v just in case of unseen v-droop on the ram sticks.
if only i knew how to do it shrimpy
Australia  Offline
Old 05-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #24
ShrimpBrime
7GHZ CLUB

Quote:
if only i knew how to do it shrimpy
A little at a time RD. The 200 reference clock number goes up. 202, 204 , 206 and so on.. Ram speed NB and HT speeds all increase with it. I think the system should be stable up to 210mhz without any major attention to detail.

Your command rate for your Ram at 2T may catch more stability than running 1T. This is something you may need to experiment with, as at this time, I don't know what it is.

If you want to really test for stability, run P95 and OCCT at the same time. If you can do say like 30 minutes, it'll likely pass P95 for hours and hours. GLHF.
United States  Offline
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #25
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
A little at a time RD. The 200 reference clock number goes up. 202, 204 , 206 and so on.. Ram speed NB and HT speeds all increase with it. I think the system should be stable up to 210mhz without any major attention to detail.

Your command rate for your Ram at 2T may catch more stability than running 1T. This is something you may need to experiment with, as at this time, I don't know what it is.

If you want to really test for stability, run P95 and OCCT at the same time. If you can do say like 30 minutes, it'll likely pass P95 for hours and hours. GLHF.
says in SiSoftware Sandra this

bank 1 and 5

8gb dimm ddr3- 9-11-11-28-7-39-8-4t
does that tell you anything ?
Australia  Offline
Old 05-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #26
ShrimpBrime
7GHZ CLUB

Quote:
says in SiSoftware Sandra this

bank 1 and 5

does that tell you anything ?
Tells me you have 2 sticks of ram installed?
United States  Offline
Old 05-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #27
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
Tells me you have 2 sticks of ram installed?
you said this before shrimp and this was the only thing i could see with a T in it but was 4t...but i'm not sure if it's the same as you were meaning

VVVVVVV

Australia  Offline
Old 05-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #28
ShrimpBrime
7GHZ CLUB

well take a picture of your bios. You can use AMD OverDrive as well to see all your ram timings.

When I see the screen shot, I'll point it out to you.
United States  Offline
Old 05-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #29
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
well take a picture of your bios. You can use AMD OverDrive as well to see all your ram timings.

When I see the screen shot, I'll point it out to you.

finally found it shrimp....it's set at 2t

thanks again jase
Australia  Offline
Old 05-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #30
Jaseb87
The Legend

Quote:
finally found it shrimp....it's set at 2t

thanks again jase
No worries my friend anytime