EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > AMD Specific > AMD Memory

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 11-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
RA40
Overclocker

Memory not on the ASUS QVL list f/Sabertooth

Picked up some GSkill Trident in a 2x8 (DDR1866 8-9-9-24) configuration thinking I was going to build an Intel system. Asus doesn't list this configuration on the OVL memory list for the Sabertooth. If the timings are loosened to another makers 2x8 settings that are a bit slower, what are your thoughts if these would work?

Asus QVL is amusing, they show 8x8 and 6x8 memory configurations. I don't seem more than 4 slots on a Sabertooth.

The DDR3 2133 section for example:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...Memory-QVL.pdf

Edit
Decided to go with my first thought and jump ship. The A-series seemed interesting but I just couldn't bring myself to that. The AM3+ was next in line and the 6350 CPU was the intended CPU. The aging tech and AM3+ I've already enjoyed this long in the 790 FX chipset mobos. Something a bit different was desired.

Older tech though:
EVGA Z87 FTW mobo
i7 4790S CPU
Samsung 840 EVO 250G.
GSkill Trident 2x8G sticks.

The MSI K9A2 will remain as the online rig. If I can happen into a good sale I'll consider updating to a newer 990FX chipset to play with. The A series is still a contender but will have to do some reading on those systems.

Last edited by RA40; 11-07-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: additional comment
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Please Register to Post a Reply