EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Software Applications

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 02-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
justinsn95
Blow it up Lexx.

Any way to actually do this? Email question

First let me say that I'm not entirely sure I'm asking the right question. Perhaps someone here might help me out with that. But a small bit of backstory first to help with that: I was raised by two dentists and I dare say that I know an awful lot about the dental industry. Helped my dad in his practice for pretty much all my life. So its an industry that I'm very familiar with. I've been helping him and one of his friends (also a dentist) out a good deal lately, as they are approaching retirement. And I think that I want to move into dental consulting. I just know the way it goes, I know what makes them tick, what makes them successful and what makes them fail, what they want, what they need, and how to get them more customers than they know what to do with. And, I like the industry. I like it a lot, even if its hard to imagine liking it but not actually wanting to dig around in people's mouths for a living. And in a way, I guess you could say that I've already received several of what you might call "consulting fees" from a few different dentists in my area.

That out of the way, I am trying to go around and find customers. I've sent probably 25 emails already, and gotten 3 responses, one of whom is interested in my services as a consultant and who wants to meet with me on monday. But the way I've been doing that, is just going around to websites, and copying down their email, and then sending them an email. At first I was typing out original emails, then I got smart and just created one "good" email and just started copy/pasting that. As you can imagine, doing this takes quite a long time. You've got to find their site, get the email of the owner, (which usually seems to be on the site) and then send them an email telling them about my consulting service and asking them to give me a call if they're interested. I could sit there and do this for hours, days, weeks. I could do that, but is that really necessary in this day and age? I guess I could hire someone to sit there and do it for me.... that wouldn't really be that big of an issue for me to do that. But is that what this boils down to?

I have no desire to be some kind of spammer, and that is not what this is about. Its just about emailing dentists in my state (don't really want to travel far if its not necessary) and getting the business that I can. Is there some means other than paying my niece to sit there and send emails to thousands of dentists? I've already started a facebook campaign, and have a website and a blog. I schooled myself on some of the finer points of digital marketing, and I've got some of it set up and I'm in the process of setting up the rest. But when it comes to the aspect of sending out emails, I don't see any way to ask for help without sounding like I'm asking for some kind of spambot. Like I'm asking to become the next nigerian prince or something, who if you'll only depost $100k in my bank account, I'll give you a million bucks. How do I go about this? It could take weeks or months just to get a simple email out to dentists, many of who I know would be interested in becoming my clients. Thoughts? Opinions?
Edited by PhotonFanatic - 2/9/17 at 1:06am View History
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 02-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
AMDGUY
Riff Raff

Have you tried something like Constant Contact?
I haven't used it, but I've dealt with a few local companies that use it. I'm sure there are other choices like that, that one is the first one that came to mind.
United States  Offline
Old 02-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #3
Spartacus
HULK SMASH!

If you compile a list of the names and email, you could always use a mail merge template to send them all at once. It allows you to customize it with specific details and fields while using a generic template. You'd still have to do the email hunting legwork, but the actual sending process would be cut down (gotta make sure you get it right the first time though otherwise you spam them all with a poorly made flyer).

I use it to send training instructions templates with individual passwords/users names rolling out a new VOIP phone system, if you get a list of the names and emails together I can help ya out on the sending part.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US
United States  Offline
Old 02-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #4
justinsn95
Blow it up Lexx.

Well thanks guys but I guess I should have been more clear. I have that part covered. The sending out of all the emails. Learned how to do that over the past couple of days.

What I'm really asking about here, is how to actually gather up all the email addresses from all the various websites of all the various dentists. Thus far I have just manually gone around to their websites, and the ones that have posted up their emails, I've put into an excel spreadsheet. Thus far I have 51 emails. Just going around and looking at the "contact us" tab.

I need that number to go up from 51, to something like 500. Then I will plug them all into the automatic email software and have it just send them all an email say every 3 months. Just as you guys were suggesting. But I'm looking for some... service...that will go around and just collect all their emails off of their websites. If indeed they've listed an email contact, as many of them have not. But if they're willing to put it out there, well I'm willing to copy it down and send them an email every now and then. It has taken me a while just to get the 51 email addresses that I currently have, and I really need about 449 more. But I'm starting to think that paying someone else to sit there and do it, is pretty much the only way.
United States  Offline
Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #5
mushoni
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Well thanks guys but I guess I should have been more clear. I have that part covered. The sending out of all the emails. Learned how to do that over the past couple of days.

What I'm really asking about here, is how to actually gather up all the email addresses from all the various websites of all the various dentists. Thus far I have just manually gone around to their websites, and the ones that have posted up their emails, I've put into an excel spreadsheet. Thus far I have 51 emails. Just going around and looking at the "contact us" tab.

I need that number to go up from 51, to something like 500. Then I will plug them all into the automatic email software and have it just send them all an email say every 3 months. Just as you guys were suggesting. But I'm looking for some... service...that will go around and just collect all their emails off of their websites. If indeed they've listed an email contact, as many of them have not. But if they're willing to put it out there, well I'm willing to copy it down and send them an email every now and then. It has taken me a while just to get the 51 email addresses that I currently have, and I really need about 449 more. But I'm starting to think that paying someone else to sit there and do it, is pretty much the only way.
I cannot assit you with a software for compiling dentist email adresses but I can assist you with a software for managing your clents better. Microsoft Office Access has a database Template called Customer Service. Download it within Access (Me I used Access 2013) and play around with it. Its better than Excel.

My advise is that u manualy pick the emails from the websites. This gives u a chance to have a look at the client's website and have a brief idea of the dentist u want to deal with. Phonecalls are more effective than emails. Mass Emails, nomatter how good are usually regarded as Spam either automaticaly by the email engine or the reader but a phonecall and a site visit will give u better chances of getting business. I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
Abu Dhabi  Offline
Old 02-23-2017, 07:03 AM   #6
justinsn95
Blow it up Lexx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushoni View Post
I cannot assit you with a software for compiling dentist email adresses but I can assist you with a software for managing your clents better. Microsoft Office Access has a database Template called Customer Service. Download it within Access (Me I used Access 2013) and play around with it. Its better than Excel.

My advise is that u manualy pick the emails from the websites. This gives u a chance to have a look at the client's website and have a brief idea of the dentist u want to deal with. Phonecalls are more effective than emails. Mass Emails, nomatter how good are usually regarded as Spam either automaticaly by the email engine or the reader but a phonecall and a site visit will give u better chances of getting business. I hope this helps

Yes that is something that I intend to do as well. Phone calls and office visits. Been doing that already actually. Email is really just another part of it I guess.

But after more research into this, apparently its regarded as one of the many facets of "data mining" and basically has to be done manually. So I hired a guy in india to do it.
United States  Offline
Old 02-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
AMDGUY
Riff Raff

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
But after more research into this, apparently its regarded as one of the many facets of "data mining" and basically has to be done manually. So I hired a guy in india to do it.
Lol, really?
Sorry I didn't realize what you were after. I would think there would be lists available to purchase, but evidently that's a bad idea after a quick search.
United States  Offline
Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #8
~Dad
Extreme Overclocker

You can contact your state's equivalent of the Department of Professional Regulation for the roster of every dentist in the state. That's the source of most of the advertising I get. I wouldn't know any thing about the cost, but it might be better than thumbing through the phone book.
United States  Offline
Old 03-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
justinsn95
Blow it up Lexx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDGUY View Post
Lol, really?
Yeah his name is Amit and he works for $3 an hour.

We'll see what he comes up with. He's been at it for 5 hours already this week. I tried to check his progress, but I guess I have to wait until he's finished before I can actually see anything. Hopefully he's a really good "data miner" and churns out 500 email addresses of dentists in the DFW metroplex. If he can do that I'm almost assured to get me some business. Sending out an email to them is the easy part. Actually getting their email addresses is the hard part. Well, its the part that would be more of a grind than I want to get into. I'll let Amit handle that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dad View Post
You can contact your state's equivalent of the Department of Professional Regulation for the roster of every dentist in the state.
Thanks, didn't know that. However, unless that roster comes with an email list, I am not sure it can help me. I can find them with the greatest of ease, as there aren't many who can't be found with a simple google search. Unless I have that wrong... do you know anything about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dad View Post
That's the source of most of the advertising I get. I wouldn't know any thing about the cost, but it might be better than thumbing through the phone book.
I haven't actually had a phone book in years... is it typical of them to put an email address in a phone book ad? I figured they'd put their web address, but if they're putting emails then I'll definitely find a phone book somewhere.

Additional Comment:

Holy poop...

He got me 305 emails lol. Oh yeah, it was all worth it. Worth every penny. I think I'll have him keep at it until I get 1,000 emails. Surely that would net me some business.

Last edited by justinsn95; 03-01-2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply