EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Email & Instant Messengers

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 12-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Mindwarp
I hate bronies!

Windows Live Question

When I log into my Windows Live account, I use the email address from my service provider instead of and @hotmail or @live email address. I had set this up years ago when Windows Live was called Passport.

Now my wife would like to do the same thing, but after hours of searching, I can find no way of doing it with Windows Live. I managed to add her alternate email address and verified it but I can't set it as the log in account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Canada  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
jjjc_93
Banned!
Banned
Don't ask why unless you want to join them.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?...ollrs=12&lic=1
Under the box where you put the email address there is a link that says use your own email address... Click that.
Australia  Offline
Old 12-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Mindwarp
I hate bronies!

Yeah, we tried that but it comes up saying that the email is part of a reserved group for partner companies, which our ISP is part of.

When it was Passport it was so easy, why does MS insist on messing up a good thing?
Canada  Offline
Old 12-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
sandeepb
Mad Warranty Voider

I believe your looking for this link:

https://accountservices.passport.net...3&sl=1&lc=1033

Additional Comment:

Quote:
When it was Passport it was so easy, why does MS insist on messing up a good thing?
MS hadn't removed it, it's been there all along.

Last edited by sandeepb; 12-15-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 12-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Mindwarp
I hate bronies!

Been there, tried that. I get the following error:

Quote:
The portion of your e-mail address that follows the @ symbol is part of a "reserved domain" such as live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com or passport.com. Please type a different e-mail address.
Which is a stupid error as the whole point to do this is so we CAN use that email address.
Canada  Offline
Old 12-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
sandeepb
Mad Warranty Voider

hmmm it may appear a problem with that email, I've just managed to register an email that's from a different domain.

If you have the ability to change MX RECORDS in your email setup I would recommend using google apps
United Kingdom  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply