EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Email & Instant Messengers

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
ditchmagnet
Stare.

Question Sync Outlook 2010 between 2 PCs?

I hope someone can answer this for me.

I need to sync the PST files. I was going to use PureSync, but I realized that it is just going to overwrite the entire PST file every time I sync. Is there something can can sync it (inbox/sent/contacts/cal/everything) for FREE??
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
hellraiser3108
run for your souls!!

Can you define exactly how you would like to sync the pst files? For example, are they just some archives which get updated once in a while that you want to distribute to both PCs or are they actively receiving email from an email server?

If the second, simply having both clients open and autosyncing with the server esay every 15 mins should sync the mailbox to both PSTs correctly.
Bulgaria  Offline
Old 03-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
ditchmagnet
Stare.

Ended up using Accurate PST sync. It is $30, but was the cheapest way I could find. Could not find a free way.

Two computers are actively using the same email accounts (pop), so the sent messages, and calendars and everything needed to be the same.
United States  Offline
Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
RCH flight
working at wisdom

Could you not have had the computers leave the files on the server for x amount of time. Say 30 days; less of course if there is a heavy email load or if you logged on each computer more constantly, maybe 7 days. Then whenever you logged onto a specific computer it would download the entire catalog of emails. Problem solved?
United States  Offline
Old 03-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
ditchmagnet
Stare.

Its not just the incoming emails, it is the sent files, the calendars, the contacts, everything needs to be synced. Like I said, it is working like that using some software. I am still interested if anyone reads this and knows of a free solution.
United States  Offline
Old 03-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
Charles1
Learning To Overclock

Hum never really understood sync, maybe because I have a server that has all the files on it and I just use shortcuts tot he files on the server on every pc.

So is sync really just when you have no server and only use different computer but not one has all the files? If so I get it makes sense to sync. Well back to the point I saw the program you bought looks cool, I used to use SyncBack for backup and sync on some files before I had the server. Now just use it to have all my favorites of IE synced on 2 pc's best of all its free.
United States  Offline
Old 03-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
ditchmagnet
Stare.

You are taking about pure sync right? It is really nice. Sugar sync is nice too. Its like dropbox, but I think better.

The reason I couldn't have one computer serving everything was because one is a laptop that gets used out of the home, so this was a simple way for it to work right.
United States  Offline
Old 03-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
Charles1
Learning To Overclock

I see yeah kudos good fine.
I also heard of doing an ftp and using syncBack to sync files over the internet as well. But again more setting not plug and play.

Well glad you found what you need and I learned that there is a cool program for 30 bucks.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply