EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Getting Started > Essential Tutorials, Guides, & Info

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #141
nanottaja
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Something to think about!

My system:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 (2,66ghz stock)
Motherboard: Asus P5Q-E
Memory: Kingston HyperX 4gb 1066mhz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

So i have tried overclocking with the help of this guide, and i cant get even 2900 mhz from the cpu.

I have used core temp and HWmonitor, and prime95 for stress test.

THE PROBLEM IS:

Every time i run prime95 it runs MAX 5 minutes and the computer restarts / shuts down by itself, about 10 % of the shut downs i get blue screen but usually it only restarts by itself.

And i have tried alot of different settings to make it stabile, i have tried

CPU volts from auto to 1.4 volts
DRAM volts 2.2 - 2.3
Northbridge from auto up to 1.4
FSB termination from auto up to 1.35

First thing i thought was the heat, but my idle temperatures for the cpu are about 32 C and the maximum i have got in stress is 46 C (when tried to overclock to about 3ghz) and with the stock values i have max 44 C

Then i thought about the power supply but it just gives more power when i start the prime95.

So i have no ideas anymore what could cause that during the prime95 stress test the computer just shuts down and restarts, something is seriously wrong here but i have no clue what it is!

Could you please give me any advice or settings to test if we could figure this one out!

Thank you
Finland  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 09-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #142
A10warlord
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

hello i have Asus p5k se Motherboard when i'm trying to configure v core in bios it show's me voltages from 1.5 to 1.7 but i need voltage less then 1.5 what i'm gonna do ???
Georgia  Offline
Old 09-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #143
python134r
Lost Again

Cool

Post your hardware specs and software too, then what are you doing to o/c?
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply