EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Cases, Case Accessories, Case Modding

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 01-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
Ichikawa
Overclocker

which to get Thermaltake Chaser MK-I or ARMOR REVO or do u know a better choice?

I want to get a new case and I narrowed it down to Thermaltake Chaser MK-I or ARMOR REVO or does anyone have a better choice?

The only thing I don't like about those cases is the intake fan at bottom of the case, coz this will suck all the dust and cotton from the floor, maybe around half a meter away, which mean the filter will have to cleaned pretty much around every two weeks.

Both cases seem to be the same except on the outer design.

Thanks

Last edited by Ichikawa; 01-17-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Australia  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 01-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
Witchdoctor
"Think"

Not really a TT case fan, no pun intended

what particular hardware and cooling solution are you looking at, that may shed some insight on what your case requirements are ?

Not many think, but I am a firm believer that case selection is a very important part of any cooling solution be it, air, water or phase
United States  Offline
Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Ichikawa
Overclocker

It will always be air and the Hardware is in my signature expect that I have an ssd now and most likely a Maxwell video card in the coming months.
Australia  Offline
Old 01-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
TSXmike
SuckSquishBangBlow

why not some from fractal design or CM?

the FD arc midi has some pretty decent flow.

edit: not a TT case fan either (lol)
United States  Offline
Old 01-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Witchdoctor
"Think"

Personally I like this case as an air solution and on sale it is at a great price point, Not sure where you buy at, but linked Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112387
United States  Offline
Old 02-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #6
Ichikawa
Overclocker

By the way, the cases where the power supply are installed at the bottom, does it matter if the fan of the power supply is facing upwards or downwards?
Australia  Offline
Old 02-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
BlastMaster
Old Soldier

Facing downwards the intake can pickup hair and dirt that can get stuck in the PSU. Facing up it blows air out of the case to the rear. I prefer the latter. If your case is like an an Antec 1100 the fan has a filter on the bottom to prevent dirt buildup in the PSU. This is what my main box uses.

If you're just doing air the Antec 1100 and 1200 are great choices. Not as flashy as some cases but very well built lots of cable management space and great air flow.

My wife is using a fractal Mid tower and it works great. The only thing I don't like is the mix of 140 and 120mm holes in it's slots. All spots have the ability to take 120mm fans but it leaves open gaps where the mounting holes for a 140mm fan can go. Only half the spaces in the case will take 140mm fans it's odd but has great air flow. I used 2 intake and 2 exaust fans and blocked theother 3 holes with homemade 145mm squares covering the fan holes.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply