EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Cases, Case Accessories, Case Modding

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 01-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #1
BlastMaster
Old Soldier

EVGA HAdron air looks great anyone have?

The link shows it pretty well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811205011

After chasing it around the innerwebz for a couple hours I am thinking looks aren't everything.

Still the question remains: Does anyone have one? Can any air flow through it? I'm concerned it won't effectively cool a 4770, I could go for an i5 but why lol.

The second largest down for this case is the cost, with the first being airflow at least IMHO.

I have my parts selected for my itx build:

to get
low profile air cooler with a corsair 120mm pwm fan
Asus Maximus Impact z87 mITX

on hand
8gb 1866 ddr3
I have dual 180gb SSDs and a 320gb 7200rpm 2.5"
also have an asus 7770
Slot load DVDRW slim

Just need to decide on a case. I don't really like a lot of the cubes around right now. The Silverstone grandia sg05 is my style but its a micro atx case so it's oversized.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
Fairlady-Z
Learning To Overclock

I had one for a few days sent it back. The cable management is terrible, and I had issues with fitting components due to wire management. Not a fan and do not recommend it, and I am a pretty big eVga whore lol.
United States  Offline
Old 03-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Witchdoctor
"Think"

Not as portabel as you may like, but can fit full sixe cooler and air to the max or even water cooling

it is the Ultimant mitx if you don't mind the size

Price point is not to insane if you look at what you are getting

http://www.caselabs-store.com/mercury-s3-case/
United States  Offline
Old 03-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
BigE4u
Yessss!

So let me get this straight..... name brand, smaller case, less material, bad airflow, terrible cable management and it costs 4x more than a decent no name mid tower case with more room for amenities to provide better overall performance, WTF MAN!
United States  Offline
Old 03-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
BlastMaster
Old Soldier

Yeah in the end I went with the Silverstone Sugo 10B. Absolute awesome shoebox case. Doesn't blend in with my livingroom at all but it works great. The only downside was and is that the Asus maximus motherboard fits almost NO CPU coolers on the market. I realized that case was not cost effective I just liked the look and wanted an opinion. Guessed the wiring problems and airflow issues myself.
United States  Offline
Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
DarthBaggins
Water Cooling Junkie

If you want something that size look into the Bitfenix prodigy, I've seen people create some awesome mini builds with these. I know I'm planning on an mitx build for my gf's daughter with one just for the fun of it lol.
United States  Offline
Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
Witchdoctor
"Think"

They have a new one out with a little bit of a smaller foot print

But they are large cases for mitx platform , but allow room to water cool
United States  Offline
Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #8
RPG Donkey
Jackass of all Trades

Dead thread, but I'll just throw my 2 cents in in case a google search leads someone here.

I just set up a rig with this case. I love it, but what the others say is true. Airflow isn't the best (and the fans it comes with are stupid loud) but the main thing I hated was cable management--it's non-existent.

I was really hoping to hide some cables behind the hard drive bays, but there are no gaps. Also, the cable for the front usb is too short. I can't do anything but make a straight line to the header which forces it to press against the CPU heatsink (btw I have an Arctic Freezer 7 which is the perfect size)

I still am happy with it though; I expected to have cable management issues considering the size of the case. Also, the price didn't bother me because from what I can tell, the power supply is pretty good. It has support for double height and long graphics cards which can be somewhat rare in mini-itx cases.

And what really convinced me to get it after looking at the alternatives is that I find it pretty **** sexy.
Canada  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply