EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Cases, Case Accessories, Case Modding

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
little98dime
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

First try at 550 Paracord

Hey everyone. wanted to post up my in progress sleeving job and maybe get some input on it. Cable combs are in the mail. I will have 2 PCI-e cables, a 24 pin, and an 8 pin to do along with the rest of the fans and such. I'm loving this Corsair Carbide AIR 540 I got not long ago. Best case I have EVER had.

United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Tomek
Just Monkeying Around

Looks good man, I like how they run over the fans.

Might be nice if the fans were round, but not likely very noticeable.
Canada  Offline
Old 02-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #3
little98dime
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thank you. I JUST finished extending and wiring the PWM wires for each fan into one plug. What a pain that was.....I've been looking at the corsair air series fans, but I like my cooler master EVO fans. I've also been looking at the sickleflows though.

Additional Comment:

Got more finished up tonight. All that's left is the 24 pin and some other small stuff. Not really looking forward to that, but god does it make a difference. also cant wait for my cable combs.

Last edited by little98dime; 02-19-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 02-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #4
Neox69
Ike

Pretty good my friend!
United States  Offline
Old 02-20-2014, 05:01 AM   #5
little98dime
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thanks. I wish I could get the wires more neat on their own, but they dont like staying where I put them. haha. Even if I wasnt posting pictures, it would still drive me nuts seeing imperfect wire routing. Any tips on keeping the bunches straight without cable combs?
United States  Offline
Old 02-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
Jaseb87
The Legend

I am jealous :P
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
chartiet
"What did he say...?"

I cant get that case out of my mind. Do you miss the side panels fans?
United States  Offline
Old 03-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
BlastMaster
Old Soldier

Looks neater than my attempts with PVC type braided sleeving. Does that Paracord snag bad when you feed the wires through?
United States  Offline
Old 03-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #9
little98dime
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thanks guys. Im slowly working on it as I have time. I got my cable combs from lutro0-customs.com in finally and LOVE them. Although I did have to take my connectors apart to put them on, but oh well. Now I know to put them on as I sleeve.

Chartiet - No I dont miss the side fans at all. infact, I much prefer the simple look of this case. The cooling is worlds beyond my Antec 300 even after I modded it. Much quieter too.

BlastMaster - Thank you. I watched A LOT of tutorials on sleeving with paracord before even thinking about trying. I had a few times where I had to cut my way out of a snag, but for the most part its not bad at all. I found that if you take a piece of masking tape and put it on the connector that it slides through very easily without snags. if you wrap the tape right, it comes right off too.

Heres some updated pictures with the cable comes. I need to get 2 new fans for my CPU and resleeve them with the cable combs for each. Also still need to do my 24 pin.

United States  Offline
Old 03-31-2014, 07:10 AM   #10
DarthBaggins
Water Cooling Junkie

Think it turned out really well, I want to sleeve mine but I have just been lazy and doing research on what all I'll need before I sleeve or just send cables off to lutro
United States  Offline
Old 05-29-2014, 12:57 AM   #11
macromage
:flsmile:

how many feet of cordage did you end up using for this? I would think that getting 100' would work but then I realize that there are many long cables and that 200' would be more apropriate.

Also are there any tools you recomend I get the tools Im finind on amazon look cheap and are expensive...
Germany  Offline
Old 05-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
mimart7
Je plie, donc je suis

Quote:
Originally Posted by macromage View Post
how many feet of cordage did you end up using for this? I would think that getting 100' would work but then I realize that there are many long cables and that 200' would be more apropriate.

Also are there any tools you recomend I get the tools Im finind on amazon look cheap and are expensive...
You're going to have to measure the length of the cables, figure out how many wires per cable. Add at least 10% extra for mistakes. Not sure about the tools though.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply