EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Getting Started > Essential Tutorials, Guides, & Info

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 05-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #1
death
i5-3570k@4.9ghz

Thermal Paste Comparison 2015 Which is The Best Thermal Paste?

INTRODUCTION

The debate on which the best thermal paste to use when cooling your CPU has raged on for many years; everyone has their own personal preference and allegiance, but obviously 2015 is a new year and there have been quite a few advances in the technology over the last couple of years. Some manufacturers are claiming they are the best choice and others let their reputation do the talking, but when it is all said and done, which is the best thermal paste so far in 2015 for cooling performance?
here

hope you guys like this
United Kingdom  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
Mr.Scott
Chief Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
INTRODUCTION

The debate on which the best thermal paste to use when cooling your CPU has raged on for many years; everyone has their own personal preference and allegiance, but obviously 2015 is a new year and there have been quite a few advances in the technology over the last couple of years. Some manufacturers are claiming they are the best choice and others let their reputation do the talking, but when it is all said and done, which is the best thermal paste so far in 2015 for cooling performance?
here

hope you guys like this
The author is Gavbon. He is a competitive benchmarker. Bet you can tell me who sponsors him.
United States  Offline
Old 05-18-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
PommieB
Overclocker

You can check various websites and they'll all come up with slightly different conclusions after thoroughly testing and benchmarking. The best temp wise is metal phase change material developed for use with water blocks, the problem with the stuff is it's difficult to use, unusual to apply and costly, the gain is around 10c over other normal compounds and the difference between good and bad compounds is about 5c with Arctic silver sitting somewhere in the middle.
Australia  Offline
Old 05-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Vampire80
A whole new world

Quote:
Originally Posted by PommieB View Post
You can check various websites and they'll all come up with slightly different conclusions after thoroughly testing and benchmarking. The best temp wise is metal phase change material developed for use with water blocks, the problem with the stuff is it's difficult to use, unusual to apply and costly, the gain is around 10c over other normal compounds and the difference between good and bad compounds is about 5c with Arctic silver sitting somewhere in the middle.
Yeah stay away from that messy stuff unless you're going for a world record. Noctua is the best paste I've used so far, been using different compounds for about 12 years now.
United States  Offline
Old 05-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #5
PommieB
Overclocker

Noctua pretty good but it's hard to get where I live if your not using a Noctua cooler, I like IC Diamond, bit abrasive when removing but you get great temps with it, still got some Arctic Silver 5, but the tubes pretty old.
Australia  Offline
Old 05-21-2015, 03:46 AM   #6
mimart7
Je plie, donc je suis

I pretty much use Gelid Extreme, or, IC Diamond. Both work well for me. Of course, IC Diamond will stain your cpu lid.
United States  Offline
Old 06-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #7
ShrimpBrime
7GHZ CLUB

I never see he paste I use on these comparison lists.

Antec formula 7 nano diamond, can be found at Best Buy.
United States  Offline
Old 06-29-2015, 01:19 AM   #8
Extreme Overclocker

i have never used any thermal paste other than AS5 haha but i am currently going to switch over to noctua now though. seen to many good reviews on it so i will give it a shot
United States  Offline
Old 06-29-2015, 03:57 AM   #9
lexandro
VIGILO CONFIDO

I just used some Arctic MX5 on this rig with a new Arctic Freezer i30. I have to say Arctic where extremely stingy on the supply of it with only just enough to spread on the contact pipes and no more. And the packet it comes in is one of those squeezable sachets rather than a tube, so it can go everywhere if your not prepared for it. Apart from that though it seems to be decent enough.
Scotland  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply