EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Getting Started > Essential Tutorials, Guides, & Info

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #61
ricecrispi
Mad Warranty Voider

"AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 - USD $75 - Can be used with different fittings with sized barbs from ” to ”. It is noisier than Laing D5, smaller size than D5, and similar performance as stock DDC 3.2. Uses about 8 watts so actually has performance better than Laing D5.

:: Laing D4/ MCP650 - Not a bad pump but is noisier/whinier version of D5 with lower flow rates. It’s like the uglier sister you have to date being a wingman.
"

Either you can't even read properly or have vision problems. There it is above for you to read.

You can't even read the biggest font in red and with double reminder twice not to comment in a section I was working on. Then you commented again and then you went running like a kid and complained about it instead of being mature and posting a separate thread elsewhere like I asked you too. I wasted like 2-3 hours because of that. I corrected you several times and still don't have any points to make. I PM'ed you and you didn't even read it and went and posted in here again.

You just got embarrassed the first time and continue to do it to yourself. I'll just kept correcting you and now your sore instead of realizing you had gaps of information. You just keep assuming stuff and haven't made one valid point. The only solution is I'm ignoring you because you don't anything relevant info to offer me and I don't associate myself with people who can't read properly.

Last edited by ricecrispi; 06-07-2008 at 11:38 AM.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #62
ColdDeadEyes
Yes its permanent....

this argument is quite funny........pointless but funny to read nice burn crispi by the way

oh and his age is under his name madmax.......like 90% of the people on this site but the text is small :P

actaully ill keep my mouth shut on this one
Ireland  Offline
Old 06-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #63
ForceOfN4ture
YouSunkMyPlanetShip!

The Odyssey Continues...

Man, I haven't been on here forever!

Nice guide! I eventually stopped updating my 'Before Asking Questions' guide and it fell into disuse (college'll do that to you...), but this is an excellent replacement to carry on the tradition.

Now that I have a have a lab to play in and I'm most of the way to a degree in chemical engineering, I've thought a little about getting back into things and carrying out my own equipment tests instead of just gathering other people's data. Stats such as pressure drop and flow rate would be incredibly easy to measure with the tools I've got now, so the only real issue is $$$. One can only justify spending so much on toys! Hahah, at least at the moment...

In any case, good luck with this project, and let me know if you'd like any specific help. Don't let the crazies get you down, either; you'll just be wasting your time if you stand and fight.

Cheers!
-BC

EDIT: You joined the site 15 days after my final edit... pretty funny stuff! :TIDE
United States  Offline
Old 06-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #64
ricecrispi
Mad Warranty Voider

Welcome back. Check Martin liquid lab on my sig and see some of the testing he's done.
United States  Offline
Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #65
Ihave8008S!
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thanks!

Thank you for posting this thread. This will be my wcing bible!

I was originally going to buy a kit, but now I feel comfortable enough to build a system myself.

Thanks again!
United States  Offline
Old 07-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #66
LordAnubis
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Unhappy Heater Cores

I guess i've been away for a while, my water loop is still running great.
What changed, why are heatercores suddenly bad, It was this guide and others that recommended the HC for my buid circa nov 2006.
Do i need to pull it out of my loop?
United States  Offline
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #67
ricecrispi
Mad Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecrispi View Post

NOTE: Heatercores are not recommended

Modern RADs are easier to setup. Essentially plug and play compared to modding a heatercore and assembling the mounting gear. Also the cost difference between water cooling RAD and heatercores is smaller then it was two-three years ago. This was caused when Coolingworks forced Black Ice to reduce radiator prices by half. Heatercores also include various hidden cost like modding, barbs, shrouds, and mounting gear. Pick the Swiftech MCR/RES if you want to save money and your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can still use heatercores. They are no longer recommended to use for new builds.

The radiator section is still a mess so I apologize. It will be edited to focus more on products. Lots of new information and research I did for radiator performance. I'm removing that section into a separate thread in the future.

Last edited by ricecrispi; 07-15-2008 at 11:00 PM.
United States  Offline
Old 09-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #68
yahyaue
Running System Stock

When you say 50/50 anti-freeze (Buy 50/50% AF($8)) are you talking about automotive anti-freeze?
United States  Offline
Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #69
propaintball
Official SpellChecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyaue View Post
When you say 50/50 anti-freeze (Buy 50/50% AF($8)) are you talking about automotive anti-freeze?
He does indeed
England  Offline
Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #70
yahyaue
Running System Stock

The 50/50 says do not dilute with water am I to run it as is in cpu loop?
United States  Offline
Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #71
Holdolin
Overclocker

Very nice guide. I hope to get the Firefaith w/c'd next month, and this guide has been inturmental in picking the parts for my system. Thanks for writing it up
United States  Offline
Old 07-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #72
cris15
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thank you so much for this.
Sample loops and installation tips would be a great addition to this.
Thanks for the links as well, very very very helpful

it helps me a lot!
Australia  Offline
Old 07-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #73
kgtiger
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thank you for all your time and effort I do appreciate it.
Australia  Offline
Old 09-18-2009, 02:24 AM   #74
Phantomdrake
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

NB/SB Waterblocks

I have been searching everywhere but i cannot find waterblocks that say they fit a MSI 790FX-GD70 MB. Is it to new or just not needed?

System.
AMD 955 - OCed to 3.8 at the moment
MSI 790FX-GD70
4gig Mushkin DDR3 RAM
CoolMaster ATCS 840 case
ATI 4850 (plan to get a 4890 2gig soon)
working on a custom WC set but stuck on the Block for the NB/SB

Thanks for any help I can get.

The guide has been an awesome help.

Additional Comment:

For measurements i got 53mm for my NB, 48mm for my SB and 88mm for my MOSFET.

NB the Koolance CHC-122.
SB the Koolance CHC-125.
MOSFET Coolance MVR-40 w/86mm plate.

I wanted the Enzotech WMST-88 for the MOSFET but cant find anyone that sells it.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Phantomdrake; 09-18-2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 09-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #75
Nick911
skilled Swedish user

No need to water cool the mosfets and the southbridge. Northbridge just needs a fan.

My 2 cents
United States  Offline
Old 12-18-2009, 04:34 AM   #76
Auck
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Thankyou so much for all that work you did on your water cooling guide. As a complete novice to water cooling I used it extensively and am about to assemble my first one. I was impressed with it's neutral tone, no ranting or condecesion, a very proffessional approach to dissemenating information, and so thorough. Thank you.
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 01-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #77
Nathan L.
Extreme Overclocker

This is one of the best guides out there for Water cooling your PC. Thank you for the guide!!

Nathan L.
United States  Offline
Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #78
901-Memphis
Santa Hat!

Thread needs a touch of updating when the OP gets back.
United States  Offline
Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #79
Pattas
Learning To Overclock

Is this getting updated for '10?
United States  Offline
Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #80
Fendulon
Learning by Breaking

I am not sure if it is Pattas. There aren't TOO many things that would need to be changed though, just a few areas, most particularly some of the parts sections. It is still pretty accurate though overall.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply