EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us


Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Email & Instant Messengers

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!


Please Register to Post a Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Goanna
Good Morning Campers
Goanna's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 944
Last Seen: 06-20-2017
Age: 33
From: NYC area
iTrader: 33 / 100%
My Email Account is Fubar'd...

I have an email account that I was using regularly.

It was published on my website for a while though and it got harvested, and it was used to send out MASS amount of SPAM.

Since this happened, I was unable to send/receive emails through my web server.

I setup a google apps account for the domain and migrated the accounts there. I changed my DNS records to point to google and hoped that woudl fix the problem, but it didnt.

I am guessing the domain got blacklisted or something, because mail going in or out just doesn't work. I haven't received a new piece of mail since August and I haven't been able to send since then either.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to remedy this? I had alot of stuff setup to contact me at this account and now I can't even do password resets or email changes because they all try to send an email to the current address, which I cannot receive .
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Scubar
Arsenal
Scubar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,302
Last Seen: 06-18-2015
Age: 33
From: Surrey
iTrader: 1 / 100%
contact the host of yiour email account and explain and see if they have anything in place to restrict it.
United Kingdom  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
greylock
Old Pharts Club
greylock's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1,015
Last Seen: 05-28-2017
Age: 61
From: Sierra Vista, AZ
iTrader: 21 / 100%
I know there is a black list site that a lot of providers subscribe to for filtering email. Your domain is probably on that black list. Check with your provider as Scubar said and have them look into it.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Goanna
Good Morning Campers
Goanna's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 944
Last Seen: 06-20-2017
Age: 33
From: NYC area
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Okay well I checked mxtoolbox.com and my domain name and server IP address all came up clean. So I didn't get blacklisted.

I routed my DNS through cloudflare, in order to prevent further harvesting of email addresses from my site as well as trap/log any further malicious visitors. I looked over my DNS settings in cloudflare and I had a spf record setup as well as a default._domainkey record.

I saved them to a txt file so I can reinstate them if need be, and then I deleted them from my DNS records. I gave it a couple hours to propogate and I tried sxending a message, and it actually came through within 5 minutes.

I tried to reply to it and as of yet the response has not come in, but I did not get any bounce-back notification to the sending address either. Perhaps I will give it several more hours in case the DNS records are still propagating.

If the message makes it through and there is little or no delay come tomorrow, then it was those two records screwing things up this whole time,
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, EXTREME Overclocking