EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Linux, BSD, Alternative OS's

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 10-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Jesse_Fehner
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

3D Operating systems

I've googled 3d OS and only found ancient OS options like 3d FSV that don't work on Ubuntu or windows. I want to see if I could find something if I post it in a forum, I would like to see some art. whats th3e point of a fast computer with a little eye-Candie

Last edited by Jesse_Fehner; 10-10-2011 at 02:22 PM.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 10-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
chadbobb
w00t!

I read this but I don't fully understand what you want.
United States  Offline
Old 10-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
AdamV
Green Machine

fast computers are meant to run cpu/gpu intensive programs. You wouldn't want your fast computer using all its cpu/gpu power to run an eye candy desktop, and have no power left to run your apps.
Canada  Offline
Old 10-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
Jesse_Fehner
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I was thinking about it and if you put a 3d file tree on the left and a FSV 3d kind of os in the middle it would be easy to serf your HDD and somthing to do with icon drawrs in the left side for and a star-wars kind of icon menu on the top, for the start bar i would use 3d strched gell pills, on the right i would put nexed to the icon "Junk drawers" a 3d file cabnit for the books and web pages, if you can help I'll work on learning how to program a OS. any ideas?

and a 3d os would not take a whole lot to ran like 1 GHZ with a AMD PHENOMENON at 4.5 4x thats like 17.5 GHZ

Last edited by Jesse_Fehner; 10-15-2011 at 08:50 PM.
United States  Offline
Old 10-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
K31TH3R
Reality in 01101011's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Fehner View Post
I was thinking about it and if you put a 3d file tree on the left and a FSV 3d kind of os in the middle it would be easy to serf your HDD and somthing to do with icon drawrs in the left side for and a star-wars kind of icon menu on the top, for the start bar i would use 3d strched gell pills, on the right i would put nexed to the icon "Junk drawers" a 3d file cabnit for the books and web pages, if you can help I'll work on learning how to program a OS any ideas

and a 3d os would not take a whole lot to ran like 1 GHZ with a AMD PHENOMENON at 4.5 4x thats like 17.5 GHZ
wat ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lr04o7yp1N1qj0ttho1_500.png
Views:	142
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	160551  
United States  Offline
Old 10-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

Quote:
I was thinking about it and if you put a 3d file tree on the left and a FSV 3d kind of os in the middle it would be easy to serf your HDD and somthing to do with icon drawrs in the left side for and a star-wars kind of icon menu on the top, for the start bar i would use 3d strched gell pills, on the right i would put nexed to the icon "Junk drawers" a 3d file cabnit for the books and web pages, if you can help I'll work on learning how to program a OS any ideas

United States  Offline
Old 10-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
Nagoshi
Canuck Chicken Chaser

I think what he meant is a file browser at the middle of Explorer, to browse through a folder's contents, with a 3D folder tree to the left.

I can see how that would be cool, but I cant see how that would be practical, let alone without a 3D Mouse.
Canada  Offline
Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
ELItheICEman
#define i 0x15

Quote:
Can't tell if trolling or...
United States  Offline
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
DarkTower87
Tension Tour 2013
Forum Newbie

Quote:

10char
United States  Offline
Old 10-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
Jesse_Fehner
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELItheICEman View Post
Can't tell if trolling or...
Whats trolling?

dell has a nice 3D nav tool reminiscent of a sidewinder flight yoke but its flatter I think its called a "3d navigation controller-X" can any one think of move ways of navigating a DOS without using widows? I know of the tray idea
and the "3d widows" witch is a window floating in cyber-space, theres also a thing where you nav with a pyramid
icon tool.

maybe its a pipe-dream but if we put are heads together maybe we can come up with a full suite for 3d nav and
then all we need is a real programmer.

Last edited by Jesse_Fehner; 10-15-2011 at 06:54 PM.
United States  Offline
Old 10-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
maxgull
fo mo yeers

i use widows 7 as a DOS. it is syckofast.

you could get a Macbook wheel, I think what you are talking about is imbedddesd in their DOS. http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/...h-no-keyboard/

You would, of course, give up about 16.5 GHz.
United States  Offline
Old 10-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #12
Jesse_Fehner
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

3d nav Hard were

http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/...o-3d-mouse.jpg
I wonder if it has bolth XYZ straff and XYZ turn and verticl lift...

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgull View Post
i use widows 7 as a DOS. it is syckofast.

you could get a Macbook wheel, I think what you are talking about is imbedddesd in their DOS. http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/...h-no-keyboard/

You would, of course, give up about 16.5 GHz.
in a couple of months im make a sys, amd or intell for games?

Last edited by Jesse_Fehner; 10-15-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #13
Nagoshi
Canuck Chicken Chaser

Quote:
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/...o-3d-mouse.jpg
I wonder if it has bolth XYZ straff and XYZ turn and verticl lift...
Yes, it has all 6 AXISes. I have one right next to my keyboard at home and at work. Not that model because its way too expensive, but same 3D cap. Fwd/back, strafe lf/rt, tilt fr/rr, tilt lf/rt, twist, and lift/pushdown.
Canada  Offline
Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
Jesse_Fehner
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

do you use it for games or 3d navigation? what os do you run?

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoshi View Post
I think what he meant is a file browser at the middle of Explorer, to browse through a folder's contents, with a 3D folder tree to the left.

I can see how that would be cool, but I cant see how that would be practical, let alone without a 3D Mouse.
what link for the DownLoad 3dfsv?

witch one is your favorite?

Last edited by Jesse_Fehner; 10-16-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply