EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Cases, Case Accessories, Case Modding

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 01-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
XRogerX
Running System Stock

Help me Pick a Case

Hello Folks

I Want to get a new case right now I got a Cosmos 1000

im looking for a full Tower and my Buget is about $160

i will be putting a closed Loop Cooling Kit in it and most

Likely replacing the stock Fans , what Fans Would you recommend

this is my System Specs as of now

Case: Cooler Master 1000
MB: MSI 790FX-GD70
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2GHz
RAM: Ocz 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3
GPU: Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB
PSU: Ultra X3 1000W
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Witchdoctor
"Think"

Cosmos is a nice case ?

Personally I like Lian Li cases

$ 195.99 with code

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...10&ignorebbr=1

$ 169.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112387

Why full tower if you are simply putting in an AIO solution ?
United States  Offline
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
XRogerX
Running System Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post
Cosmos is a nice case ?

Why full tower if you are simply putting in an AIO solution ?
cause im so use to a full tower Case ,and I don't know nothing about anything anymore cause the last case I bought was 7yrs ago , so im out of the loop on getting a new Case ,what would you suggest , if you not think I need a full tower
United States  Offline
Old 01-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
Slizzo
Mad Warranty Voider

Many mid tower cases now have enough room to house what you're asking for. I have a Corsair Carbide 500R, however that will probably not be big enough for you.
United States  Offline
Old 01-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
XRogerX
Running System Stock

that's why I came here for peoples Opinions , and I thought getting a full tower was better for AIR FLOW for the other HW in the case
United States  Offline
Old 01-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
TSXmike
SuckSquishBangBlow

have been a fan of Fractal Design.

what about the arc XL?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811352035
United States  Offline
Old 01-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
Kell-Ate It
CHoMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
Many mid tower cases now have enough room to house what you're asking for. I have a Corsair Carbide 500R, however that will probably not be big enough for you.
Pretty much anymore. I'm amazed what I can cram into a midtower anymore without making it a hackjob.

That said, I can't use my bottom PCI-E slot (I have three, and don't do SLI so it's no issue) and my PSU overhangs a bit over my fan slot.

If I wasn't moving so much and had more money I probably would have gone with a full tower Corisar. I just like working on full towers more, but not moving them .

Also aluminum full tower cases are surprisingly light. but still massive when you have a small spot to cram them in.

Only down side Is I'm pretty sure my old case could hold a car and I'm pretty sure these new cases couldn't hold 120lbs or so, so don't sit on them too much .
United States  Offline
Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
Slizzo
Mad Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-Ate It View Post
Pretty much anymore. I'm amazed what I can cram into a midtower anymore without making it a hackjob.

That said, I can't use my bottom PCI-E slot (I have three, and don't do SLI so it's no issue) and my PSU overhangs a bit over my fan slot.

If I wasn't moving so much and had more money I probably would have gone with a full tower Corisar. I just like working on full towers more, but not moving them .

Also aluminum full tower cases are surprisingly light. but still massive when you have a small spot to cram them in.

Only down side Is I'm pretty sure my old case could hold a car and I'm pretty sure these new cases couldn't hold 120lbs or so, so don't sit on them too much .

This case held everything in my sig, including my 2x GTX470s when I had them. Pretty ****ed roomy, however with a full loop you probably won't be able to fit everything inside. However it has provisions for you to put a 240mm rad on the top, as well as in the front of the case.

They do make the Air 540 Cube, which is an interesting design. http://www.corsair.com/us/carbide-se...cube-case.html
It's a split type design, and can hold a lot of stuff. If I didn't have my current 500R, I'd consider this odd beast.
United States  Offline
Old 01-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #9
N64link
I am the law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
This case held everything in my sig, including my 2x GTX470s when I had them. Pretty ****ed roomy, however with a full loop you probably won't be able to fit everything inside. However it has provisions for you to put a 240mm rad on the top, as well as in the front of the case.

They do make the Air 540 Cube, which is an interesting design. http://www.corsair.com/us/carbide-se...cube-case.html
It's a split type design, and can hold a lot of stuff. If I didn't have my current 500R, I'd consider this odd beast.
I vote for 540. It's a really nice case. I've had mine for about two months, one complaint with it. I took the dust cover off the front and cleaned the dust filter a week ago, after I did that one of the front fans just died. The bearings started making weird noises and the fan wouldn't spin at speed, then stopped spinning. But over all, it's a bad-*** case. I was thinking about getting an AIO kit and replacing the fans anyway. And I have some spare fans around.
United States  Offline
Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 PM   #10
Kell-Ate It
CHoMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64link View Post
I vote for 540. It's a really nice case. I've had mine for about two months, one complaint with it. I took the dust cover off the front and cleaned the dust filter a week ago, after I did that one of the front fans just died. The bearings started making weird noises and the fan wouldn't spin at speed, then stopped spinning. But over all, it's a bad-*** case. I was thinking about getting an AIO kit and replacing the fans anyway. And I have some spare fans around.
I've blown up so many fans I just expect it anymore; Had one literally splinter from the center out, all the blades started moving independently and scraping the grill. Took that out before it became a disaster .

I actually only have one "exhaust fan right now (positive pressure) however I think the Grills on the front and the GPU take out enough to keep it pretty cool in there. It's mainly the air flow, not nessarily the temperature and I'm good there.

This thing still makes more heat than my 1500w electric heater though, talk about that for efficiency .
United States  Offline
Old 01-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
Maurice
Partial to LUNAR

How about the switch 810? Just got it myself, and is a nice case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146088
United States  Offline
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #12
Deluded
Pushing into redline

....or Roger could just walk to a Fry's or Microcenter (assuming there's any near him) and check out the case selection.

Personally, I vote for Corsair 600T...it's what I have and it's huge for a mid-tower. Fits everything plus a H50 (has room for H100 or w/e) plus SLI/CF cards plus the wifi card and a couple HDDs too.
United States  Offline
Old 03-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #13
DarthBaggins
Water Cooling Junkie

I would lean towards Corsairs 750 D or Vengeance C70 mid tower, tons of room for cable management, easy to mod in the future, water cooler friendly. Also inexpensive compared to otherowers their size as to me the seem close to a full tower size but still classify as a mid tower.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply