EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Cases, Case Accessories, Case Modding

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

corsair 600t and antec p183 case

i have the antec p183 case, it came with the cp-1000 psu and apparently that psu will only fit in the antec Twelve Hundred, P183 and P193. cases, the p183 case is 8 " wide where the corsair 600 t is over 10 inches wide,

http://store.antec.com/Product/enclo...5-81830-8.aspx

http://www.antec.com/global/product....==&id=MjEyMA==

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231208868...84.m1423.l2649

i've always wanted the corsair case but lost the bid on ebay due to loss of internet connection right in the last 10 seconds of the time, then i came across this p183 with the psu and many different accessories with it for $100 and i won that bid, now another 1 has come up on ebay in that link and was wondering if anyone would think that this psu would be able to be fitted to the corsair 600t without too much drama, i'd love to be able to see a corsair 600t in the flesh, i think that would tell me straight away, but where i live is miles from anyone that stocks it so i could have a look.

any help would be much appreciated

cheers ozz
Australia  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
BlastMaster
Old Soldier

Looking at the power supply slot it's bottom mounted but not on the very bottom of the case, it meets the last expansion slot in the io space though. There is space between the door and the psu but the back of the psu would touch the plate where the motherboard is mounted.

That PSU is both taller than the space available and wider than the space available. You could make it fit horizontally by making your own mounting plate but vertically it will hit the expansion card slots. It is doable but not easily. I would have to say no.

Checking dimensions that PSU won't even fit in my Antec 1100 and its a very large case. IT might be a beast of a supply but it's very limited in use by it's non-standard dimensions. On another note it would make a very nice 3 gpu miner psu.
United States  Offline
Old 05-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastMaster View Post
Looking at the power supply slot it's bottom mounted but not on the very bottom of the case, it meets the last expansion slot in the io space though. There is space between the door and the psu but the back of the psu would touch the plate where the motherboard is mounted.

That PSU is both taller than the space available and wider than the space available. You could make it fit horizontally by making your own mounting plate but vertically it will hit the expansion card slots. It is doable but not easily. I would have to say no.

Checking dimensions that PSU won't even fit in my Antec 1100 and its a very large case. IT might be a beast of a supply but it's very limited in use by it's non-standard dimensions. On another note it would make a very nice 3 gpu miner psu.
thanks for the time and effort blast, i did email corsair about it and they said a reply in 2 days that was last week lol, as i said if i could physically see a 600t i would be able to take some measurements but i'm at least 1 hr away from any major cities that would stock it, this psu doesnt even get off idle if i stress test or game, another reason why i wanted to keep it, it's so solid, yes unfortunately it's size is its problem , i posted on here after i emailed corsair on the off chance someone might have a 600t case and i could get some measurements off them, maybe even some pics to give me a better insight as too whether it would fit, there was 1 on ebay i bid on the other day and i did ask the owner if they would give me some dimensions but they couldnt be bothered so i stopped bidding, but once again thanks for your efforts, bit of a poor oversight from antec to make a psu like that and onlt have 3 cases for it too fit in

cheers ozz

Additional Comment:

after several emails back and forth to corsair, i finally got the answer i wanted to hear, the antec cp-1000 psu will fit the corsair 600t case, all that has to be done it move it 1" forward, the length is the same as the corsair ax 1200 psu - 200mm and the extra 25mm from moving it forward wont matter, there's plenty of room to do it, this link shows that this mother board accomodates 4 slots, this pic show 3 gpu cards and another slot for a 4th, the 1" forward they're are talking about is because of the 4th slot boss in the case where the 4th card butts up to and secures with the screw, either i remove that fitting boss from the case or go forward 1", and the go forward 1 " will be much easier and the only thing then is to redrill the screw holes in the rear of the case to secure the cp-1000 with a 1' spacer or shroud to allow the psu heat to dissipate through the rear of the case properly and not into the case and with 1" longer screws to allow for the 1 "shroud and bob's you're uncle it will fit, i will only ever have 2 gpu cards at the most so i can't see a height problem being a worry from the antec cp-1000 psu.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsa...de_a50_1_2.png

Last edited by RDozzie; 05-06-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Australia  Offline
Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
PommieB
Overclocker

See you guy's haven't replaced many PSU's in oem cases, you can usually adapt a case to fit a PSU, chopped up a few in my time with dremel. First thing you do is remove the serrated grills on each fan position, improves the air flow, it's called I believe blow holeing, if you rely on air-cooling it's a very effective way of increasing air flow.
Australia  Offline
Old 05-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #5
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PommieB View Post
See you guy's haven't replaced many PSU's in oem cases, you can usually adapt a case to fit a PSU, chopped up a few in my time with dremel. First thing you do is remove the serrated grills on each fan position, improves the air flow, it's called I believe blow holeing, if you rely on air-cooling it's a very effective way of increasing air flow.
hi pommie, i don't quite understand what you mean mate .
Australia  Offline
Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 AM   #6
PommieB
Overclocker

On most cases where the fans fit you've got the four holes and usually an area with holes and slots, you cut out the slots or the mesh leaving just a large hole and the four holes that hold the fans, it allows the air to flow freely both in and out of the case without being disrupted by the metal or plastic.

Antec have always tried to make there cases so that only there PSU's fit, you measure and cut away anything that prevents the unit from fitting, you can also add support using pop rivets.

With oem cases the PSU's were always a queer shape and over-the-counter PSU wouldn't fit, you simply cut-away the protruding metal until they fit into position, you can drill holes if the holes don't line-up for securing the unit.

In other words you can change the design of a case if your not happy with the airflow or how the cables run etc, great fun.

Times have changed and cases are designed better these day's still sometimes there's room for improvement to the airflow or the internal design.
Australia  Offline
Old 05-07-2014, 02:59 AM   #7
RDozzie
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PommieB View Post
On most cases where the fans fit you've got the four holes and usually an area with holes and slots, you cut out the slots or the mesh leaving just a large hole and the four holes that hold the fans, it allows the air to flow freely both in and out of the case without being disrupted by the metal or plastic.

Antec have always tried to make there cases so that only there PSU's fit, you measure and cut away anything that prevents the unit from fitting, you can also add support using pop rivets.

With oem cases the PSU's were always a queer shape and over-the-counter PSU wouldn't fit, you simply cut-away the protruding metal until they fit into position, you can drill holes if the holes don't line-up for securing the unit.

In other words you can change the design of a case if your not happy with the airflow or how the cables run etc, great fun.

Times have changed and cases are designed better these day's still sometimes there's room for improvement to the airflow or the internal design.
aahh i see what you're saying now with this case the antec p183 it does have good air flow, bit i have a metal hole saw that will cut out what you said, in this case it's the squares then leads to the outer boss of the fan mounting perimeter, i get it now, less metal more air flow to the fan , hence more air flow to the output from the fan, i'll do the same on the outlet of the psu to allow more heat out without metal ribs there to hold some of the psus discharging heat dissipation air flow, although this psu fan never gets off idle, no matter what i do here its the same and ive tested when prime 95 and occt, stays the same, the fan is at idle,never ever heard it rev, i did have a prob in the beginning, i never saw the fan work, so i checked and saw whoever had this case b4 me had the psu fan grill backwards so i turned it around, actually it made a fan rubbing sound so,1 i checked it out , found the prob and has been solid since, even though it was solid prior, my case i wanted was always the 600t corsair but this came up and was a deal of deals, ive missed 2 now , so maybe the 3rd i'll get then fit this cp-1000 and the rest and go from there
Australia  Offline
Old 05-07-2014, 05:11 AM   #8
PommieB
Overclocker

It depends on the case, it depends on the temps, you also need to be careful with large diameter holesaws they pull a lot of torque and if the case is not secured properly you'll damage the case and probably injure yourself, it's sometimes safer to mark the circle and drill small holes around the circumference then use a dremel holesaw to remove the circle of steel.

It's a good idea to practice on a old case first, you do all this with the case empty, if not you need to be careful that you don't get steel shavings on the electrical parts.

I used tie or tape a loose piece of cloth inside the case under the area where I was cutting the hole to catch the shavings, you also need to protect the case against scratches, not for the faint hearted.

Since the advent of water and better cases there's probably less need for anything radical, I still do the fan holes, it depends totally on your temps and I should add everybody as different opinions on how or what should be done and I should also add that sometimes you don't get the improvements you hope for.
Australia  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply