EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Software Discussion > Email & Instant Messengers

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 10-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Erik
Learning To Overclock

Contacts Lost in a PST file transfer

I finished a new computer build a bit back and was in the process of transferring all of my data files. I did a fresh install of Outlook 2013, then allowed the program to pair (if that is the right word) with the two email addresses that we generally use for our "home" email addresses without any problems, except that all of our old mail was off line in our old .pst file. I even liked the display for 2013 better in that each of our email addresses appeared to have its own folder making sifting and sorting email even easier.

Eventually I got around to importing the old .pst file. The procedure was nice and easy right up until the time that I went looking for all of our contacts and they were...gone.

I assume that they are still there, somewhere, but does anyone have a good idea as to how to recover all of the contacts that sure as heck should be there that are currently missing? I am all ears!!!!
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
digitaldd
Blah Blah Blah

This might be useful: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/826not sure the version you exported the PST from. Also were the contacts exported? are they in the contacts folder of the PST. Been a long time for me since Outlook
United States  Offline
Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Nagoshi
Canuck Chicken Chaser

In the Address book, see if you have other contacts list in the drop-down list. We just migrated from POP to an Exchange server at work and a few people couldn't find their contacts.

If your contacts are found in there, you can change the "default" contact list somewhere in Outlook's contact settings so it always open that one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	170723  
Canada  Offline
Old 12-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
benniebeeker
Chkn-N-Rice

if you still have the old hard disk you can grab the name cache. that might help out. just snag the nk2 file and put it in the directory relevant to the version of outlook you are running. you can at least recover some that way.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nk2_file_location.html
United States  Offline
Old 12-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Erik
Learning To Overclock

I will give that a try...I think I still have the HDD or a copy of it.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply