EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Cases, Case Accessories, Case Modding

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 04-08-2017, 03:48 AM   #1
clipperjay
I'm thinking today

Gamermax Explorer case impressed YES!

I wanted something that would house a Matx board and possible water cooling system.
The cases out there especially last year have been box in a box and the industry seems to forget we still are in a recession period!
I found this online and not many reviews as it was about 30USD or 25GBP delivered! YES a sub $50 50 case with quality steel!
The only gripe is the PSU space is tightish even with my EVGA small print compared to full size PSU the cables will need decent routing. But some will say its not tight at all but when I use the space where(mech) hardrives go for cable dumping I would have prefered a space not partioned. Anyways pleanty of space up front and can take three 120mm at the front one 120mm in the back and a 240mm radiator at the top so another 2X120mm
at the top. Can hold a full size GPU even has enough room space for the 120mm fan on the end.

The Game Max Explorer is a compact case designed for maximum cooling. The cooling system allows for up to 6 x 120mm fans, or 3 x 120mm fans and a 240mm water cooling radiator. The dual layer internal layout gives excellent cooling with maximum component support, supporting Micro ATX and Mini iTX motherboards, and up to 4 x HDDs (2 x 2.5" & 2 x 3.5" or 4 x 2.5").

The side window and black powder coating to the interior allows the user to install LED lighting to give a unique look to their system, whilst the internal cable management system keeps most of the internal cables hidden, to aid in increased airflow and keeping the system looking clean and tidy.

Dont let the compact size fool you - this little one handles full size components while still offering roomy installation space.

Key Features

Compact and stylish design - Compact micro gaming chassis design

Dual layer internal layout - For optimized for maximum airflow or advanced water-cooling configurations

Water cooling support - 240mm watercooling support or 3 x 120mm fan cooling on front

GPU and CPU Support - Support 340mm VGA card and 155mm CPU cooler

GPU card Support - Optional VGA holder,for reduce loose connection during transportation.

Case Specifications

Form Factor: Micro ATX

Motherboard Support: Micro ATX, Mini ITX

PSU Support: Standard ATX

PSU Location: Bottom

Gaming Case: Yes

Water Cooling: Water Cooling Ready!

Supported Radiator Size: 240mm

Supported Radiator Positions: Front

Body Material: 0.6mm SGCC

Front Bezel Material: Plastic

Side Panel: Vented

Internal Cable Management Depth: 25mm

External Bays:

Internal Bays:

2 x 3.5€ Internal

2 x 2.5€ Internal

Drive Bay Notes:

Expansion Slots: 4 x Full Size

Cooling Front: Space for 3 x 120mm fans

Cooling Top: Space for 2 x 120mm fan

Cooling Rear: Space for 1 x 80 / 92mm fan

Cooling Side: None

Cooling Bottom: Filtered vent for PSU

IO Ports:

1 x USB 3.0

2 x USB 2.0

1 x HD Audio

1 x Microphone

GPU Max Length: 340mm

CPU Cooler Maximum Height: 155mm

Front Bezel Colour: Black

Body Colour: Black

Last edited by clipperjay; 04-08-2017 at 06:43 AM.
United Kingdom  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-08-2017, 03:58 AM   #2
clipperjay
I'm thinking today

Forgot to mention there is a decent dust shield for the PSU at the bottom where its definitly going to get dusty. I stuck some componets to test everything like the front plate and USB's all good quality flat wired in black and a nice USB3 cable! They are discontinued but they have other cases like Slient and Volcano!

http://www.gamemax.uk/products_168_108.html

United Kingdom  Offline
Old 04-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Almost Tactf
DT 1770 and a Lyr

Wow, for 30 bucks call me hella impressed!
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply