EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | RealTime Pricing Engine | Folding Stats Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Official EOC Folding @ Home Team

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #141
Jason
Da' Boss
Administrator

It would have to run the uniprocessor client, and probably best to select the timeless WUs...

It's going to be mostly a space heater though...
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 02-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #142
franckimp
EOF ROCKS

I think you're right. But I have like 2-3 complete case like 500mhz... loaded with olllllld stuff (like crappy old TNT2 32Mb video card but it still work) :P 1 of them run because G/F can check stuff. It even save my life before I had a laptop... just to get a driver missing or help for problem when comp crash :P

Anyway...
Canada  Offline
Old 05-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #143
drbricks
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I would gladly host a rig if someone has parts to spare. I'm not an EOC folder, but I could let the rig fold for you, no problem. I've been on the EVGA team and for my 'production' system I prefer to stay there as it comes up and down depending on my H2O updates lately. I have several P3's but I don't think they're good candidates for folding.

I could start folding on the P3's for EOC to establish some 'good' faith effort. It will take me some time to get my gear reassembled as I need to fix Linux and replace a power supply. On the other a mobo stand-off came loose and I need to disassemble the whole machine to replace it.
United States  Offline
Old 05-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #144
SlayVus
Don't eat the cheese.

Dr.Bricks the likely hood of you being a candidate is possibly ZERO percent.

First, your first post was to this thread asking to host a rig that you would get for free.

Secondly, your possibly going to have to become a regular member or senior member before you are even considered.
United States  Offline
Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #145
awc26
Blargh!

I've got a stock Phenom II x4 965 BE cooler that I would be willing to put forwards, dunno if it would be of any great use, but I just wanted to make sure before I throw it out.
Canada  Offline
Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #146
GrandPrixGT300
Learning To Overclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc26 View Post
I've got a stock Phenom II x4 965 BE cooler that I would be willing to put forwards, dunno if it would be of any great use, but I just wanted to make sure before I throw it out.
Don't happen to still have this do you? The fan on my X2 555 went. Is it the one with the heat pipes like the X6 1090T comes with? Wouldn't you maybe want to keep it for warranty purposes though?

Andy

United States  Offline
Old 01-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #147
awc26
Blargh!

I'm not sure I should help anyone who has a higher ppd than me :P

yeah, you can have it, if you pay shipping from Canada... It might be cheaper just picking up a 212+
Canada  Offline
Old 01-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #148
GrandPrixGT300
Learning To Overclock

haha

Didn't even see you were in Canada so yea it would probably be cheaper to get a 212+, I have one on my X6 1090T and it works excellent.

I bought a XigmaTek 964 for the X2 but the bracket interferes with the motherboard

Thanks for the response,

Happy folding!!!
United States  Offline
Old 07-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #149
bdwilson
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Soooo, is this program still going on? I have a few components I could donate (including a superclocked 8800GTX), but I'd like to know for sure they will be used for F@H.
United States  Offline
Old 09-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #150
Ix3u
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwilson View Post
Soooo, is this program still going on? I have a few components I could donate (including a superclocked 8800GTX), but I'd like to know for sure they will be used for F@H.
Yeah... Doesn't look like there is a lot going on for most of the folding stuff anymore which is a shame, cos I just dug out some of my old crap computers and have 3 24/7 rigs going as well as my gaming rig going (when not used for other stuff)

Oh well... If this program is still going, I'd be more than happy to host a few rigs for awhile. After all, it's for a good cause and its only a few bucks a month extra on the power bill.
United States  Offline
Old 09-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #151
hardwarejunkie
Overclocker

I remember several years ago I was folding up a storm as there was a drawing for free hardware. If you folded regularly your name went in the drawing.
United States  Offline
Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #152
dqualey
Learning To Overclock

OK I take it that this program is dead ? In the off chance someone still reads it, I am looking for some DDR PC 3200.
United States  Offline
Old 06-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #153
Drake
LIFE WITH

WOW its been some time since I have been in here , I was tossing Computer parts away and came across EOC4 and made me think I should get back into Folding again ....
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply