EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > General Hardware & Peripherals > Miscellaneous Peripherals
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
veener88
Still Learning A Lot

USB Mass Storage Device (Soyo Bayone XP)

I am having a weird problem with my Soyo Bayone XP 9in1 Media reader. The problem I am having is that after a few days windows will for some reason no longer load the drivers and will have it as being unknown. To get it working again I have to unplug the PSU or open the case and unplug the cables and plug them in again for Windows to reload it.

It is windows that is causing the problem because when it is loading in bios and boot up the light will stay one but once it gets to the XP loading screen it will turn off.

On they Soyo site they do not have drivers for XP. I just do not get it. Dpes anyone know where I can get these generic drivers for the "USB Mass Storage Device" on the XP cd or on a download? I would like to do a manual load of the driver when I have this problem again but I just do not know where to get these drivers. I know it has to be on the CD some where but I just can not find them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
AMDGUY
Riff Raff

I have that Soyo also. It works fine for me, do you have at least SP1 or SP2 installed? AFAIK, you don't need drivers for it. I'd say check Microsofts' site for any updates you may need.
United States  Offline
Old 03-05-2005, 09:18 PM   #3
veener88
Still Learning A Lot

I have SP2.

Sorry to sound dumb but what does AFAIK stand for?
United States  Offline
Old 03-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #4
onewecallgod
#6 post whore

"As Far As I Know"

card readers generally dont need special drivers. the ones windows automatically loads works perfectly
United States  Offline
Old 03-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
veener88
Still Learning A Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewecallgod
"As Far As I Know"

card readers generally dont need special drivers. the ones windows automatically loads works perfectly
Thanks, For some reason windows will let it work for a week and sometimes just a few reboots and then it will turn teh device off when loading the OS for XP. I just unpluged it and pluged it back in and I found where windows is loading the drivers from.

C://WINDOWS\system32\drivers\USBSTOR.SYS

So next time this happens I am going to manualy load these drivers in and see if that fixes the problem. I am just wondering if it the Mobo, windows, and the reader all not liking each other. But windows is windows. I just can not see it being the hardware issue since it stays on durring the booting of the PC and just turns off when when windows loads the drivers in bootup. I guess I sould also check if that does not fix it if I have a conflit some where with other hardware.
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply