EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Intel Specific > Intel Processors
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
mcniglet
Running System Stock

max multiplier for i7 860

Ok so everything stock, cpuz shows up to a 25x multiplier in windows. i know there is the big debate on where to leave turbo on or off when trying to overclock, but whats the highest multiplier you can use if you manually overclock? bios states "unlocked 9 min 21 max" but can you use a higher mult? I've overclocked with turbo on and off. When i leave turbo on i can overclock to 3900 and cpuz shows 22 multiplier and it never changes. turbo off i can get 4018 with 21 multi this of course is leaving "auto" in bios.

specs:
os=win7 build 7600
hd=2 WD black raid 0
cpu=i7 860
mb=asus p7p55d pro
cpu cooler = megahalams w/ two cooljag fans 110cfm each
powersupply= xclio 1080w
ram= 8gb gskill rip jaw DDR3 1600
vid card = H.I.S radeon 4890
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 10-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
Hickeydog
terrible human being

Max multi you can set is 21. End of story. That's it. No more multiplier.'

You can get a higher multi using Turbo, but you don't have any control over how high it goes.
United States  Offline
Old 10-11-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
GStueyXR
Learning To Overclock

Surely if turbo can use up to 25X multi, then user control up to 25X is only a bios mod away? Maybe a hardware mod?
United Kingdom  Offline
Old 10-11-2009, 04:41 AM   #4
FX5200
Traceur

It might be a hardwired motherboard feature, so it probably would need some sort of HW mod.
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
Sparkey247
Crazy Bones

the 860 has a locked multi meaning you cannot adjust it up only down

turbo mode will go up to a certain multi what ever intel let it to be the i7 920 would go from 20 on the multi to 21 but it was controlled by the turbo mode

its like it got a vip pass to you multi and you don't lol

the new 1156 sockets are allowed to go higher on the multi when using turbo mode

if you want an unlocked multi yo gatta get an extreme edition chip and as of right now they don make em for the 1156 socket only 775 and 1366 but thats bound to change sooner or later hehehehe
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply