EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > AMD Specific > AMD Motherboards
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 11-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

Making SLI work on ANY chipset MB(56k killer)

This is going to be a guide on how to make SLI work on ANY non Nforce chipset board. Brought to you by Tristanguy25 and Eclipseaudio

First and foremost I take no responsibility nor does extremeoverclocking.com if something goes wrong and damage is done.

Here is a link to almost everything you need. forcedSLI.rar The other things you will need are, The latest driver cleaner or driver sweeper, and the latest Nvidia drivers, and a little dos knowledge.

This will be for Windows 7 64bit but should work for the other OS's as well.

The first thing you need to do is download everything I have listed.(bookmarking this page would be a good idea as well) Now reboot into safe mode with networking. (F8 when bios hands over to OS) Now run driver cleaner for all things Nvidia.
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1257101489
It will reset and when it does make sure you do not go back into safe mode.
Now install the latest Nvidia Drivers(actually will work for all drivers)
After that resets check to make sure you have Nvidia control panel. If not you have done something wrong.

Next you are going to take the folder SLIStringInstaller v1.81 and open that up there will be three exe's open "slistringinstall.exe" You now want to click ASUS. It does not matter what MB you have use the ASUS button if you do not it will not work. it will then tell you that it installed the string or something to that effect. You can now close it.

Next you are going to open cmd but you have to open it from the windows directory and run with administrator rights. should be something like this c:\windows\system32 it should be in this folder.
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1257102157

Now that you have cmd open it gets a little tricky the easiest way to do this for me was to have those three folders you expanded from the forcedsli rar on the desktop.

Now type "cd.." then enter until you get to C:\> . Next (as long as you have those folders on the desktop) type "cd users" you should now have C:\Users> now type "cd (your sign in name)" for me it was "cd home" now it will look like C:\users\HOME> (with your sign in name where HOME is). Next you will type "cd desktop" and you get C:\users\HOME\desktop> . Next you wan to type "cd hal" for C:\users\HOME\desktop\HAL> and finally you will type "install" this will get the command going. now your prompt should look like C:\users\home\desktop\hal> type "cd.." to go back to C:\users\home\desktop> and then type "cd Patch" this will bring you to C:\users\home\desktop\patch> now type "prepare" after this is done shutdown and set yourself up to run SLI. (put the bridge on and so forth) Power up and check Nvidia control panel it should look like this.
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1257103117

I am sorry if this guide got long winded and kinda hard to read but... It works.
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1257103190
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1257103240
No SLI
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1257103273
SLI
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1257103275

If you have any issues we will try to help you out but this should be considered beta for now and we would appreciate it if some one would confirm this does work as I have posted it.
Thanks!

Last edited by eclipseaudio : 11-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Tristanguy25
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

PITA to get up and running but WORTH IT

For anybody who likes Nvidia cards but hates the Nforce chipset.... here you go. It may not be the easiest thing to do.... but the pay off is nice
Also if you have any issues getting it going you can PM me with any questions.

As for compatibility.... it SHOULD work on ANY motherboard w/ 2 or more PCIe slots. However there are certainly going to be some who for whatever reason WILL NOT be able to utilize 2 GPUs

Disclaimer: like the OP said neither I nor EOC hold ANY responsibility for what you do to your OS or hardware....
That being said, lets rock some SLI
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Pro Status
INSTANT BOOT

This is quite interesting.
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Status View Post
This is quite interesting.
Yeah I just wish some one would try it as I have it posted because I have written the guide from memory and have no way of testing it w/o installing a new OS. This should work for any AMD chipset MB, intel or amd socket alike.
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Pro Status
INSTANT BOOT

I bet. I would give it a try, but the only AMD chipset rig I have around is a 780G, and it only has one PCI-E slot sadly. I hope someone gives it a shot, I am very interested in the aspect of this modification.
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
Liranan
Commie Poster

Thanks a lot, there're cracks to force SLI on Intel chipsets and now this. While I, personally, have no intentions of going SLI this is always handy as a backup.
United Nations  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

Quote:
I bet. I would give it a try, but the only AMD chipset rig I have around is a 780G, and it only has one PCI-E slot sadly. I hope someone gives it a shot, I am very interested in the aspect of this modification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post
Thanks a lot, there're cracks to force SLI on Intel chipsets and now this. While I, personally, have no intentions of going SLI this is always handy as a backup.
There has got to be some one out there with two SLI capable Nvidia cards and non Nforce chipset. If there is what you can do so that you dont have to worry about messing anything up is create a partision say 40GB and install windows w/e and try it out. That way if something gets messed up(only possable thing is sowftware as it's not a hard mod) you still have your regular OS and you have not lost anything. You just delete the "test" OS.

NP we aim to please!
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Tristanguy25
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Quote:
Not just AMD chipset ANY NON Nforce chipset
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanguy25 View Post
Glad T came in and corrected me I compleatly forgot about the other chipsets.(intel, VIA, so on)
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #10
Pro Status
INSTANT BOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanguy25 View Post

Ah, nice! I could try it on my P5K-E motherboard, but I would first need to pick up an extra GTS 250. Possibly might.
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Neox69
Ike

Okay, I will give it to a friend of mine to try on his AMD chipset. I will post results tomorrow hopefully...
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
Tristanguy25
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Yes for all those who went to ATI soley because they didn't want to be locked into a particular chipset but still wanted multi-gpu tech are now free
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neox69 View Post
Okay, I will give it to a friend of mine to try on his AMD chipset. I will post results tomorrow hopefully...
Thanks! let me or Tristanguy1224 know if you have any issues as we spent quite a few hours getting this to work and I just wrote it from memory.
United States  Offline
Old 11-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
Neox69
Ike

NP, hell if it works then I might pick up another board just for the better OC (compared to the nvidia chipset). Don't wanna get rid of my 8800's just yet.
United States  Offline
Old 11-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
FunkZ
AMD kicks your ASCII

This is interesting. Too bad I already sold my other GTX 260 thinking it would be no use in an AMD chipset board.
United States  Offline
Old 11-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkZ View Post
This is interesting. Too bad I already sold my other GTX 260 thinking it would be no use in an AMD chipset board.
yeah I'm glad that I kept my 8800GTS so that I could fold on it.

We am quite surprised as I have posted this in two other forums and have gotten a lot of views but no replies. We figured that more people would care I guess.
United States  Offline
Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #17
Neox69
Ike

So I gave it to my friend, turns out his second PCI slot might be shot. This is before he tried this out. So let me see what I can do... Might RMA his board, but I am still eager to try this out!
United States  Offline
Old 11-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

wow man I feel for him!

Just to let everyone know this can NOT hurt your hardware as it is a driver mod. The only thing it does basically is flip a "switch" that allows you to SLI.
United States  Offline
Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
Neox69
Ike

Yeah, I know it's not the software, he just never used the secondary PCI (4870x2). But it's good to find out it was bad. Now for an RMA adventure!
United States  Offline
Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
eclipseaudio
Reworking OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neox69 View Post
Yeah, I know it's not the software, he just never used the secondary PCI (4870x2). But it's good to find out it was bad. Now for an RMA adventure!
I just wanted to put that out there for anyone else that may thinking about trying/doing this.

Good luck on the RMA adventure!
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply