EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Business Related (No Post Increase) > Online Shopping

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
justinsn95
Blow it up Lexx.

Online ATM for balance inquiry?

Hi all. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a website somewhere (that isn't a scam, of course) that can act like an ATM machine, in one way. I would like to be able to do a balance inquiry on a card I have, without actually having to drive to an ATM machine all the time. It's not a debit or a credit card, so there is no site for me to check as it's not tied to my bank account, or personal credit in any way. So anyone know if there is some way to check the balance of a card online? It is actually a credit card, it's just not really a typical credit card. Funds are deposited on it every week, but I don't think there is a bank account somewhere with my name on it. Or if there is, I don't know about it.

"There's a finite amount of memory, you can't use it for everything.." -Dennis Nedry
Old 12-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
jjjc_93
Banned!
Banned
Don't ask why unless you want to join them.
You must have got the card from a bank or institution somewhere. Give them a buzz and see what they say.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
AruisDante
Son of Sanguinius

I'm assuming it's something along the lines of a Visa Pre-paid debit card, yeah?

You need to get in touch with whatever bank issued the card. They will tell if you it's possible to track the card's value online (it should be). Basically those cards are tied to a special bank account that's managed by the bank for the sole purpose of giving the card value. They'll be able to tell you everything you need to know.

Alexander Anderson - Rentina MacBook Pro - CPU: I7 Quad-2.3GHz RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600 - HDD: 256GB SSD- GPU: GTX650M 1GB - Extrn. Display: Thunderbolt Display, 2560x1440
Seras Victoria - Samsung ATIV Pro 700T - CPU: I5 Dual-1.7GHz RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600 - HDD: 128GB SSD - Display: 11.6" 1920x1080
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
4-n-zics
End of line
Super Moderator

There is probably a phone number or web address on the back of the card for checking the balance. It would say something to the effect of: For balance inquiries call or go to...

I see you have learned to work the Google on the internet machine. - Chaz Michael Michaels
28%.. woot I'm zombie fodder - Vertigo Boost
HOORAH FOR FORUM QUEERS! - K31TH3R
Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
justinsn95
Blow it up Lexx.

Yeah I called 'em and they said that they don't do that. More likely, they won't do that. But you can check it at any ATM. Just kinda inconvenient. Strange that there is not some website somewhere that can do it. In case anyone was wondering, it's an unemployment benefits card for the state of oklahoma. Since it's somehow involved with the government, that might explain it's lack of features/conveniences. I was just hoping there was some way to check it's balance so I don't get the dreaded and embarrassing "Card was declined" error.

"There's a finite amount of memory, you can't use it for everything.." -Dennis Nedry

Last edited by justinsn95; 12-09-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
ndriscoll
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

I did a little looking around, and found a site for quite a few different state issued, unemployment benefit cards, including Oklahoma. Try going to http://www.eppicard.com and registering so you can check it online.

Along the same lines, I have an unemployment benefit card from Missouri, and the site they use like eppicard.com allows you to register your cell phone for alerts to know when money is deposited, and you can even text them from your registered number to find out what your balance is. Not sure if eppicard.com has this or not, but just thought I would mention it.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

You can use a NetSpend Visa/Mastercard pre-paid reloadable debit card. I've got one.

You can check the balance on their website anywhere and you get text updates to your phone of the current balance. Very handy and very nice.

phoenix991 - He's in africa, it takes a while for those lions to run the pictures to the internets.
HUSKYFAN23 - It looks like an Asian person broke in and parked a bunch of rice in the garage
imshirazy - You guys gonna impress them with your overclock bench scores?
GoodGuy8705 - I was thinking my giant wiener.
Zollen - This sounds like the setup for the nerdiest pick-up line ever, '...so, can I upload anonymously onto your ftp server?'
Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
Rabid Dog
No People Skills
Retired Staff

bs_saran ( mailto:vipul223@gmail.com ) has reported this post:

************************************************** ******************************************

Post Title: Online ATM for balance inquiry?
Post Username: justinsn95
Post URL: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...07#post3585707

The original post contents is as follows:
Hi all. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a website somewhere (that isn't a scam, of course) that can act like an ATM machine, in one way. I would like to be able to do a balance inquiry on a card I have, without actually having to drive to an ATM machine all the time. It's not a debit or a credit card, so there is no site for me to check as it's not tied to my bank account, or personal credit in any way. So anyone know if there is some way to check the balance of a card online? It is actually a credit card, it's just not really a typical credit card. Funds are deposited on it every week, but I don't think there is a bank account somewhere with my name on it. Or if there is, I don't know about it.

This is part of this thread:
Thread Title: Online ATM for balance inquiry?
Thread URL: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=333013

This is the reason that the user gave:
HOW CAN I CHECK MY ATM BALANCE

************************************************** ******************************************

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
4-n-zics
End of line
Super Moderator

Lolwut??????

I see you have learned to work the Google on the internet machine. - Chaz Michael Michaels
28%.. woot I'm zombie fodder - Vertigo Boost
HOORAH FOR FORUM QUEERS! - K31TH3R
Sponsored Links:
Closed Thread