EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Intel Specific > Intel Processors
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Boss5414
Running System Stock
Forum Newbie

Exclamation Overclocking my Intel Celeron D 360, what is my PLL number?

I have the program ClockGen and I'm going to overclock my processor since I demand more performance and I'm too cheap for a new processor (not to happy spending close to $150 for a half way decent one) and speedfan, my CPU cruises at around 47C, so that means I have plenty of room to overclock (the temperature limit is 60C, right?)

All I need is my PLL number so I can start over-clocking, and I've used CPU-Z to help me. I don't want to open up my computer, for obvious reasons, so here is the info:

http://img825.imageshack.us/i/infol.png/

If you need any more information, i will be glad to provide it for you !

Thank you very much in advance!
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
Carozzeria
▲▼▲

47c idle or load
United States  Offline
Old 08-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
brownn74
Overclocker

if you open your computer you can find it so easily.
United States  Offline
Old 08-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
baldursgate
gayrights=civilrights

look for the crystal, and the chip with the number is almost always close in not right next to it.
the crystal is the shiny metal piece that almost resembles a pill.
ive notice on a lot of proprietary motherboards the chip its self has nothing on it.
i use to run a sony pvc-rs420 and it had a asus p4sd-vx
and all i could fine on fsbcpu/speedfan was a asus p4sd-vl. it worked like a charm. so try and find something thats close to your motherboard and give it a try.
i have no idea if this is bad for the mobo, but use caution as it could mess stuff up.
get your self cupid if you have not already. good luck and happy stressing!

as i didnt look at the pic, you already have all the good stuff!

Last edited by baldursgate : 08-21-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: im a dum-dum
United States  Offline
Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Sparkey247
Crazy Bones

also try a program called SETFSB

on main site do a search and type in your your mobo modle and see what they have as long as its close it should work

whats your mobo model and manufacture?
United States  Offline
Old 08-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #6
bravotsx
Space Monkey

you're trying to overclock an HP! unfortunately, computers from the likes of HP, Dell, Gateway, Acer, eMachines, etc don't overclock easily...they're actually designed to prevent overclocking...and your celeron is already really highly clocked and it won't go much higher anyway.

unfortunately, that machine of yours is pretty much maxed out so your primary recourse would be to get a new computer
if you insist on sticking with it, an upgrade to dual core would go pretty far, or maybe you could find a core 2 duo e4300 on ebay, which is the best CPU that mobo officially supports. Don't bother buying a 45nm CPU because it won't work.

link to mobo on hp's website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...00910113#N1170
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply