EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Tech News & Press Releases > The Front Page Headlines
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 09-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Jason
The Mad Beaker
Administrator

ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe MB Review @ EOC!

EXTREME Overclocking has just posted a review on the ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe Motherboard.
With the mid-range 1156 socket becoming ever so popular, ASUS is bringing their offering to the table. The ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe motherboard has a great feature set including USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s. This coupled with their TurboV EVO overclocking package and Hybrid 48 phase power, this board should really shine. ASUS has taken the P55 chipset and added some extras of their own to take this motherboard to the next level.
Full Review: EXTREME Overclocking
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Title.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	152028  
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 09-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
kwiksilver
ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹ ̗
Super Moderator

No comments?
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Deluded
ya rly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksilver View Post
No comments?
Oh alright.

/start gushy

OHMAYGOD THAT WAS AWESOME, I POSITIVELY JIZZED IN MY PANTS WHEN I SAW IT WHERECANIGOTOBUY IT OMG LOVE IT LOVE JUUU

/gushy
United States  Offline
Old 09-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
mimart7
Je plie, donc je suis

Nice board, great review.
United States  mimart7 Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
xdownsetx
Menior Sember

I'm surprised they put the COM where they did, or even had one at all. Overall I really like the layout. I wouldn't mind the absence of the pata though.

I wonder how big the boost is for the USB3 with the added bandwidth. A really great review! I'm surprised the lack of attention it's getting from the community.
United States  Offline
Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
Slizzo
Mad Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdownsetx View Post
I'm surprised they put the COM where they did, or even had one at all. Overall I really like the layout. I wouldn't mind the absence of the pata though.

I wonder how big the boost is for the USB3 with the added bandwidth. A really great review! I'm surprised the lack of attention it's getting from the community.
My optical drives are still PATA. Honestly, I can't bring myself to replace them as they still work great. Have an old Plextor 52/24/52 CD-RW drive (which will likely never die, they were premium drives in their day; all metal gears and such), and an HP LightScribe DVD-RW DL drive.
United States  Offline
Old 09-18-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
Cecil
Fix The Internet

I skim read, but didnt see anything about the PLX chip. You should mention it, as it really is a negative point to the board. It steals bandwith from the PCIe slots, and still doesnt offer full 600Mb/s for the SATA3 ports. And there is no way of disabling it. With other boards you get the option to run full 600Mb/s and have x8 for GPU, or have x16/8x8 with SATA3/USB3 running as SATA2/USB2.
United States  Offline
Old 09-18-2010, 12:57 AM   #8
slash_2_2000
No fire? Go higher!

Perfect timing. I am seriously thinking about buying this board to go with a new setup and this review helps cement the decision.
Australia  Offline
Old 09-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
Jason
The Mad Beaker
Administrator

Patrick should be updating the review with new information soon, we'll post an update when the new info is added.
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
Sephiroth
LOL M5

who uses PATA or PS2 ports anymore that's buying a LGA1156 system? Is that COM1 header for a 9 pin serial port?
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
Jason
The Mad Beaker
Administrator

I use serial ports still... But that's because I dabble with GPS devices and older gear from the 90's and even 80's...

PATA is quickly going out of style... I have some older system's that have PATA DVD burners... But new computers I'll spend the $20 to get a new SATA DVD burner...

PS2 I hope stays around for a while... I've had a heck of a time finding a decent USB keyboard that I like... Most of the good models are still PS2.

Why the heck is Firewire still around? That's even more nonsensical than PATA...
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #12
Sephiroth
LOL M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I use serial ports still... But that's because I dabble with GPS devices and older gear from the 90's and even 80's...

PATA is quickly going out of style... I have some older system's that have PATA DVD burners... But new computers I'll spend the $20 to get a new SATA DVD burner...

PS2 I hope stays around for a while... I've had a heck of a time finding a decent USB keyboard that I like... Most of the good models are still PS2.

Why the heck is Firewire still around? That's even more nonsensical than PATA...
agreed. USB has taken over the world I'm not sure why firewire is relevent any longer. Even ESATA is useless with USB3 becoming more standard all the time. Although it's usefull if you don't have USB3 but have an ESATA port like I do..

Although I suppose I just dislike the notion of a 20 year old specification on my brand new mainboard. Can't say a whole lot though.. the Genius's at Dell decided to make their Track pad and keyboard use PS/2 interfaces in their $5,000 laptop =.='
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
Jason
The Mad Beaker
Administrator

Some of it also has to do with what the chipset offers... When they add additional features to boards, they can consume USB or PCIe bandwidth internally.

I remember a LONG time ago, ABIT tried to make a "legacy free" motherboard... It only had USB ports on the back... No serial, parallel, PS2, or the like... The next model they added back the PS2 ports.

I think once USB3 and SATA 6Gb/s get added as a native component to a chipset then things will start to change.... But as-is they are still new technology, especially USB3... And when most boards only have 2 ports... it doesn't exactly scream takeover...
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
Maniac
You are Roger Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
I skim read, but didnt see anything about the PLX chip. You should mention it, as it really is a negative point to the board. It steals bandwith from the PCIe slots, and still doesnt offer full 600Mb/s for the SATA3 ports. And there is no way of disabling it. With other boards you get the option to run full 600Mb/s and have x8 for GPU, or have x16/8x8 with SATA3/USB3 running as SATA2/USB2.
MB vs Mb

It may just be a capitalization difference, but you're actually making your number 1/8th what it should be: 600 MB/s. Someone who didn't actually know the speed of USB3 might think it was only 120 Mb/s faster than USB2... ie a whopping 1.5 MB/s faster.
United States  Maniac Folds For EOC!  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #15
Cecil
Fix The Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
MB vs Mb

It may just be a capitalization difference, but you're actually making your number 1/8th what it should be: 600 MB/s. Someone who didn't actually know the speed of USB3 might think it was only 120 Mb/s faster than USB2... ie a whopping 1.5 MB/s faster.
Why are you always the one to correct people when they forget to capitalize the second letter? This is like the 3-4 time Ive seen you do that. Everyone around here knows what your trying to say even if none of the letters are capped.
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #16
Maniac
You are Roger Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
Why are you always the one to correct people when they forget to capitalize the second letter? This is like the 3-4 time Ive seen you do that. Everyone around here knows what your trying to say even if none of the letters are capped.
Because I notice? Because I'm OCD? Why do do people keep typing it incorrectly if they know which is correct? Really not that hard to hit the shift key. It's not a matter of a typo, it's a matter of making a completely false statement.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #17
Sephiroth
LOL M5

why do people keep those funky christmas hats in their avatar all year?

it's been over for 9months people... mmkay?
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #18
Jason
The Mad Beaker
Administrator

They are getting ready for Christmas 2010
United States  Offline
Old 09-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #19
Maniac
You are Roger Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
why do people keep those funky christmas hats in their avatar all year?

it's been over for 9months people... mmkay?
Actually I've had mine since 2008, lol
Old 11-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #20
python134r
Lost Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluded View Post
Oh alright.

/start gushy

OHMAYGOD THAT WAS AWESOME, I POSITIVELY JIZZED IN MY PANTS WHEN I SAW IT WHERECANIGOTOBUY IT OMG LOVE IT LOVE JUUU

/gushy
u too, my girl jizzed in hers.......

What exactly is the PLX chip and what does it do?
United States  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply