EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Off Topic / General Chat (No Post Increase) > Games, Games, Games...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Zanex09
Mad Warranty Voider

X3 Terran Conflict issues, cant play windows 7

hi guys, i installed X3 last night to rekindle my love of space you could say, it installed fine but every time i try to actually play the game i get an pop up that is titled Tages Drivers and says something like unable to install due to not having the right administrative privelages. if i click yes i get an error code (cant remember right now) and it closes.

im the only user on my computer and i am set as the administrator, ive even tryed "run as administrator" and i still get the same error.

i believe it is version 2.0 as i have no internet connect on my computer at this time. im sure i was able to play this on windows 7 before when i first got the game but im not entirely sure that it was infact windows 7, i got both the game and windows 7 about the same time over a year and a half or so ago.

help is muchly appreciated as i want to play this game and dont want to have to run a dual boot system.
Canada  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
SlaveOnDope
Men=stupidWomen=crazy

You try the patches?
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/patches_en.php
United States  Offline
Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
Zanex09
Mad Warranty Voider

im downloading the 3.0 patch now, it seems that the tages drivers or whatever they are actually called is a copy protection that they used in the old version of X3TC and its not compatible with newer windows.

it seems i was still on xp when i first got this game cause i've never seen this issue before.
Canada  Offline
Old 03-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
AngelEyes
That's not cheese!

You can use the code from the game to register it with steam and DL that version for free if your disk wont run it.
United States  Offline
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Zanex09
Mad Warranty Voider

ok i got it patched to 3.1 now and its working fine. this is a first that i heard of a copy protection going out of date so too speak.
Canada  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply