EXTREME Overclocking Forums
Home | Reviews | Forums | Downloads | $ EXTREME Deals $ | RealTime Pricing | Free Magazines | Gear | Folding Stats Newsletter | Contact Us

Go Back   EXTREME Overclocking Forums > Website Related Info (No Post Increase) > Tech News & Press Releases > Back Page News (Submit News Here)
Register Forum Rules FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome Guest Visitor! Please Register, It's Free and Fun To Participate!
The EXTREME Overclocking Forums are a place for people to learn how to overclock and tweak their PC's components like the CPU, memory (RAM), or video card in order to gain the maximum performance out of their system. There are lots of discussions about new processors, graphics cards, cooling products, power supplies, cases, and so much more!

You are currently viewing our boards as a "guest" which gives you limited access to view most discussions. You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

After you have registered and read the forum rules, you can check out the FAQ for more information on using the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Note To Spammers: We do not allow unsolicited advertising! Spam is usually reported & deleted within minutes of it being posted, so don't waste your time (or ours)!

Please Register to Post a Reply

Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

Baldur's Gate I and II Being Remade

http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1220884p1.html

Quote:
Update: A representative from Overhaul Games stated that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will not simply be a straightforward remake of BioWare's original game. "We're adding new original content in the spirit of the original game," the representative said, as well as "maintaining all the awesome that is Baldur's Gate." The team behind it will include new staff, as well as team members responsible for the original games.

No word yet on what the game will look like, or specifically what else is changing. It was also confirmed that Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition will be released at a later date. Both this and the first Enhanced Edition will be made in a "re-forged version of the Infinity Engine."

Original Story: A new Baldur's Gate website popped up last week, and just yesterday a countdown clock began to tick down. But that timer is over, concluding with the announcement of some sort of new Baldur's Gate property.

Coming this summer, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition will be developed by Overhaul Games. What it is is still unknown, though we're reaching out to our contacts right now and will update as more information becomes available.
Man, if it came with a graphical/interface/rules edition overhaul, this would be amazing.
United States  Offline
    Register to Reply to This Post
Old 05-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Sephiroth
LOL M5

Bioware; well guys, we ****ed DAII, people can't make it 15 minutes without failing asleep, the plot is weak and the characters are boring.

Bioware2: that's ok, swtor will save our asses

bioware: well guys, swtor has generally been a mediocre launch and morpg,

Bioware 2; that's ok, mass effect 3 will save our asses

Bioware; well guys, the nerd rage from the BSN forums about our ending is getting a ****load of media attention

Bioware 2 they didn't like that idea me and Casey came up with on our drunk slumber party last weekend before launch?

Bioware: apparently not, I've no idea why, because we all thought it was Awesome,

Bioware 2; that's ok, a Baulders gate remake will save our asses

The fans; omg not BgI/BGIi you franchise murding ea indoctrinated bastards!

Bioware; what do you mean?
Bioware2; problem? (insert troll face here, since I'm on the iPad)

Oh wait, overhaul were the smart people @ bioware that packed their **** after they saw **** was about to go south, so this should be good!

Last edited by Sephiroth : 05-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.
United States  Offline
Old 05-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
CybrSlydr
Special Fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Bioware; well guys, we ****ed DAII, people can't make it 15 minutes without failing asleep, the plot is weak and the characters are boring.

Bioware2: that's ok, swtor will save our asses

bioware: well guys, swtor has generally been a mediocre launch and morpg,

Bioware 2; that's ok, mass effect 3 will save our asses

Bioware; well guys, the nerd rage from the BSN forums about our ending is getting a ****load of media attention

Bioware 2 they didn't like that idea me and Casey came up with on our drunk slumber party last weekend before launch?

Bioware: apparently not, I've no idea why, because we all thought it was Awesome,

Bioware 2; that's ok, a Baulders gate remake will save our asses

The fans; omg not BgI/BGIi you franchise murding ea indoctrinated bastards!

Bioware; what do you mean?
Bioware2; problem? (insert troll face here, since I'm on the iPad)

Oh wait, overhaul were the smart people @ bioware that packed their **** after they saw **** was about to go south, so this should be good!
That was hilarious.
United States  Offline
Old 05-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
xdownsetx
Menior Sember

Did someone say indoctrinated?
United States  Offline
Old 05-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
travy25
Silence is golden

Their "remake" will only serve to **** me off further. I still play the original. So much fail potential.
United States  Offline
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #6
FX5200
Traceur

Everyone nowadays is looking for a quick buck...
Aauria Hibedi  Offline
Sponsored Links:
Please Register to Post a Reply